Home U.S. Coin Forum

New cert # question after regrade

So I sent in 12 slabbed coins. 5 pcgs and 7 ngc. I was just given the new grades for the 5 pcgs coins. They have new cert #'s My coin set uses the old numbers. So the question is, if these pcgs coins were cracked out by pcgs and regraded and recertified with new cert#'s why does my coin set still show the coins? Shouldn't they have removed those cert #'s and my coins from population by now? I would have thought that once they were cracked out, those cert #'s would have disappeared.

Comments

• TrazTraz Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭

They usually will automatically switch. How long has it been since new grades were posted? Can you lookup both cert numbers?

• Rktect1Rktect1 Posts: 16 ✭✭

Yesterday. Maybe that is too soon. I'm anxious. Like opening presents at Christmas.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can replace the old numbers with the new manually. A lot quicker and you’ll get to see immediate results in the registry.

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

It will happen soon.

In the past, when PCGS took action quickly to remove old certs and add new ones, they got some flak because the owner-entered data in the old certs went poof. Stuff like date of purchase, source, cost, etc. Gone.

Nowadays they wait a little while so owners can transfer that data. Thank you, PCGS.
    Lance.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had that happen. Under "My Inventory" I had to manually delete the old certs and then enter the new ones. In between doing that I had to refresh the screen a few times and wait for it to catch up.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Thanks for the responses. Very helpful.

• WhitewashqtrWhitewashqtr Posts: 737 ✭✭✭

Did your coins upgrade? If your coins do not upgrade do they still issue a new cert number?

HAVE A GREAT DAY! THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Whitewashqtr said:
    Did your coins upgrade? If your coins do not upgrade do they still issue a new cert number?

Yes. you get a new number with the same grade.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2019 10:18PM

Here is how I do it. For each coin I send for grading, I go into my inventory and do the "Edit Item" (select in a blank space on the line you want to edit and left click the mouse) then update the "Location" from "Active" to "Grading". This will remove the coin from your active inventory but leave it in your active set. If you want to view it go to the top of your inventory screen just change from active to "My PCGS Grading Submissions" and see all coins in there. When your grades are available there is a specific way to add those coins from your submission :) Either way after PCGS' database is updated the old cert# it will move from that location and can then be found under "Coins Sold" :) Hope this helps.

Ken

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patience is a virtue.... :D;) We coin people are so impatient when it comes to grading service and details...Must go with the required OCD most of us seem to have. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file