Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

1912 Szechuan 20 cash coin overstrike

I have a 1912 Szechuan prov. 20 cash coin. Number is 448 however it’s an overstrike and I cannot find a price reference on it. I’ve search the Internet hi and low and both international coin sites and have found nothing. I need to find a fair market value price on it since I’m looking to sell it but do not want to get screwed over because I don’t know information about it.

Comments

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best bet is to put it on eBay with a low starting bid. It will sell for a bunch less because of the corroding.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Thank you for that info, but what would be a reasonable value? Is it going to be worth the effort? How much less would the corrosion effect the price?

• bidaskbidask Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Fawnderella said:
    Thank you for that info, but what would be a reasonable value? Is it going to be worth the effort? How much less would the corrosion effect the price?

Unfortunately alot less

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Do you know where to look for more info about this coin? Or similar? Thank you.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are looking to sell it on ebay just list it with all the correct information in the title and description and the interested buyers will find it.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

How bout you get it out of that funky 2x2 and those corroded staples for starters. Good lyck. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    How bout you get it out of that funky 2x2 and those corroded staples for starters. Good lyck. Peace Roy

That is a good point I think the coin was not corroded when it went into that 2x2 - I think it got wet later on. The green is also on the plastic and the staples are rusted.

I wonder if the green can be removed - the ancient coin collectors use an olive oil.soak, I believe.

Tragic...