Home U.S. Coin Forum

Great Collections photos too low resolution for eBay?

A few months ago I bought a coin on GC which I have decided to try selling on eBay.

Since I have no way of taking and posting images, I went to GC to grab a picture of the coin I won.

When I uploaded the pictures to eBay, it was deemed low-=resolution, under 500 pixels, and thus eBay's ZOOM function doesn't work, impairing the salability of the coin.

What went wrong? Are all GC images low-res? Human error?

Comments

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess GC is protecting their images?

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you bring the GC photos to full size before downloading them?

Smitten with DBLCs.

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

To add to my above comment... I just conducted an experiment whereby I download a non-enlarged GC photo and it was saved at 121KB. I then clicked on the full-size icon and saved the photo again. This time it was saved at 537KB.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

You saved the small image, not the big one.

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 7:49AM

@Route58 said:

Since I have no way of taking and posting images, I went to GC to grab a picture of the coin I won.

No Smart Phone or digital camera that you could snap a picture with?

How about a cheap used $20.00 Digital camera on EBay? I know it’s not that difficult to buy one and insert a few batteries. Snap and shoot them insert the cable to your laptop or computer.

Here are a few one for $5.00. After you buy one then go to YouTube and watch one of the many ways to upload a picture. Then your on your way.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=digital used cannon camera&_sacat=0&_udhi=25&LH_ItemCondition=4&rt=nc&_udlo=6

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least it uploaded. If resolution is low enough it won't even upload to ebay. If not high enough it will upload but not enable the ebay zoom feature.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

@djm said:
    Did you get permission from Great Collections to use their images?

My feeling would be, if he purchased the coin, he also owns the image.......

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is interesting.... Not that I load images to ebay...just the technical part.... I have had issues posting pictures elsewhere from time to time, this could be the issue...My problem is mostly emailing images...Cheers, RickO

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

OH??
    copyright clearly says: the creator owns the rights to the image unless it is sold with the item.
    i.w. If you hand me your camera to take a image of you, I will own the Copyrights to the image and technically you would have to buy it or "receive" it from me to legally use it.
    it is a interesting law, but it is!
    So, unless GC gave permission, it is their property!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jail time! :'(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file