Home U.S. Coin Forum

One hour left on ebay. This 1892 $1 pcgs ms65 seems fishy to me.

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is there a range of value in this listing, when it only shows one ($2600) in coinfacts?

PCGS Price GuideSMValue $2600-$5000

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks pretty fake to me. Here's the pics.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, the reverse of '78.......fake ya think???

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • RyGuyRyGuy Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Anyone else report?

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 8:14PM

Look at the other Morgan this seller has for sale

Here it is

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ MS-63?? Looks cleaned! :D

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2019 8:18PM

"No returns" is a turn-off to me. I am nowhere near savvy enough to pick up on these indicators in the aforementioned comments. You guys continue to amaze me in my ignorance.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...

@RyGuy said:
    Anyone else report?

sent seller a note to not ship......and reported.

bob :)

He responded to my note:

New message from: silvercoins6969
    Sorry I don't know much about coins say it was graded by a well known coin grading company

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joebb21 Great job spotting this one!

And great job to the person that won the bid! :)

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2 of the date seals it, fake from an arms length away, no question.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    He may not know ... its so obvious its stupid. The clear photo might be a symptom if his innocence. OR~ B.S..

I agree, some sellers just don't know, assumed legitimate because it's slabbed.

World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 2 looks as if it has been changed from a 3....Cheers, RickO

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 11, 2019 7:55AM

am i the only one blown away by the generations of holders counterfeited here? perhaps i am further out of the loop than i previous thought; albeit i thought i was pretty far out as it is. :-/

items sold

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Jayyk31Jayyk31 Posts: 76 ✭✭✭

Wow nice job stopping these counterfeits from selling guys!

• marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes this board rocks the house as usual!

Seems only ONE bidder was in play since the get go, and placed 5 bids on it.

Makes me feel good that most saw right thru the charade.

• P0CKETCHANGEP0CKETCHANGE Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭

@commoncents05 said:
    I bid it to $10,000, so nobody will get hurt. Definitely fake coin and holder.

-Paul

What kind of process do you have to go through to invalidate this bid? Is the burden of proof on you regarding the item not being legitimate? I've never seen someone do this and am very curious about how this works.

Nothing is as expensive as free money.

@P0CKETCHANGE said:

@commoncents05 said:
    I bid it to $10,000, so nobody will get hurt. Definitely fake coin and holder.

-Paul

What kind of process do you have to go through to invalidate this bid? Is the burden of proof on you regarding the item not being legitimate? I've never seen someone do this and am very curious about how this works.

First off seller is aware that the bid is inflated because of it being a fake (I've corresponded with him and advised him not to ship). Ebay will likely nuke the auction after the fact. If they don't then buyer can buy and then file a Never Received if not sent or a Not as Described if shipped and received. Open a case and wait for them to refund has happened to me in the past. Paypal will protect buyer.

bob :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file