Home U.S. Coin Forum

ANA Fundamentals of Grading in Atlanta

There will be a two-day grading class just before the National Money Show in Atlanta. The dates are February 25-26, 2020. Bill Fivaz & Rod Gillis are the instructors. You can call the ANA to register at 719-482-9810 or go to money.org to register online.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a great opportunity for people to learn from skilled individuals..... Cheers, RickO

• JedPlanchetJedPlanchet Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

This looks really interesting - and this post may be a bookmark ... :)

Whatever you are, be a good one. ---- Abraham Lincoln
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭

that's a cool class to take. a very good idea

• erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 9, 2019 4:08PM

How much does a class like that cost? Its close enough to my birthday I may be able to leverage a trip there!

• RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Dreamcrusher is still one of the best names ever.

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.
  • DreamcrusherDreamcrusher Posts: 210 ✭✭✭✭

@erwindoc said:
    How much does a class like that cost? Its close enough to my birthday I may be able to leverage a trip there!

I believe it is $225 if you are a member. Please check the website just to be sure.

Hello Everyone,
    I have an important update concerning the grading class just before the National Money Show in Atlanta. Former Red Book editor and ANA Hall of Fame recipient Ken Bressett has agreed to be a guest instructor in the class. What a thrill it will be to work with Ken and Bill Fivaz, two of numismatic's biggest icons. If you have never taken an ANA grading class, this is the one.

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice!

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    That is a great opportunity for people to learn from skilled individuals..... Cheers, RickO

I've taught with all three instructors. You can't go wrong. Just do it :)o:)

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Highly recommended for anyone new to this coin thing.

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

ttt

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

A further update. ANA members who register for the class will receive an early-bird pass to the show. You will receive instruction from Bill Fivaz and Ken Bressett AND an early-bird pass to the National Money Show. There is no better deal out there. You must register before January 17, 2020.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file