Home Precious Metals

Gold may be a conductor

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

But I like it as insulation. ;)B)

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,108 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2019 4:22PM

Pretty good insurance policy as well. Something all central banks agree upon.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Pretty good insurance policy as well. Something all central banks agree upon.

That's what I meant. Insulation against fraud and banking..........or are those the same thing? >:)

for me, insurance against a failing currency

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

For most its been insurance against weath creation.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Insurance is to protect wealth, not create it. Learn the difference between insurance and investments.

@derryb said:
    Learn the difference between insurance and investments.

Edumacate me. Surely you can find a ZH article.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's odd, my wealth was created though diligent work and savings. Buying precious metals on a somewhat regular schedule didn't impair that progress. I'm happy with the result.

Best of all, I don't have to agonize about when to get out of the stock market and whether or not I should invest in precious metals. I don't have to worry that my brokerage might get hit during a market downturn or whether my bank might be illiquid.

My biggest concern is what happens next when my family, my neighbors and my town all see their middle class status falling down around them and when the jobs evaporate when the debt bubble blows up.

Some people may think that it won't affect them. Good luck with that.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:

That's odd, my wealth was created though diligent work and savings. Buying precious metals on a somewhat regular schedule didn't impair that progress. I'm happy with the result.

Best of all, I don't have to agonize about when to get out of the stock market and whether or not I should invest in precious metals. I don't have to worry that my brokerage might get hit during a market downturn or whether my bank might be illiquid.

Why would you ever agonize about it in the first place. Its never gone to zero and has been the best performing asset class for over 100 years.

As is frequently mentioned in this forum, diversity is usually a successful strategy.

If your neighbor or family cant find work, then they should move. Folks have been relocating for better opportunities for generation upon generation.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is an excellent part of any financial plan. Investments, cash, gold.... all play a part in financial security. Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

it does not hurt to have it hidden somewhere

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

spam: got some for sale less than spot on the BST Precious Metals forum.....lol

bob :)
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1027687/the-official-november-2019-precious-metals-buy-sell-trade-thread#latest

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold is a conductor - of electricity and heat. Julia Child did a program where she cooked with a 24kt gold fry pan. She lived it, except for the weight.

thefinn
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn....Did she mention if the food was any better? Too 'rich'? ;):D Oh well... I will stick to AGE's, no need for more frying pans....Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thefinn said:

Julia Child did a program where she cooked with a 24kt gold fry pan. She lived it, except for the weight.

I actually did work outside of here residence in Cambridge..she was truly a genuinely nice person.

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date