Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A bit of eye candy for toner and blast white aficionados alike--Scottsbluff Show Report

RockyMtnProspectorRockyMtnProspector Posts: 754 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 22, 2019 9:53AM in U.S. Coin Forum

My latest submission to our host. Pleased with the grades, and the exceptional trueviews. There is an incredible amount of luster underlying these coins (which drew my eye, natch), from the buttery luster of the Washington quarter reverse to the underlying luster of the semi-PL surfaces under a few of the toners.

The 1883-CC was from an unopened GSA ( a legit one).

The rest of the coins, save the 58-D Washington (from an original wrapped roll purchased at Chicago ANA), came from a small show in Scottsbluff at the end of August.

I love these small shows. Even though it's a bit of a hike from Denver, nothing is better than several hours of perusing dealer cases, boxes of 2x2s, folders, etc. with no rush. Foot traffic at the show was decent given the smaller venue and location, and with just a handful of dealers, this wasn't the largest bourse.

But the dealers were happy to show coins and make deals, and take the time to interact with those who did show up. I was a buyer at this show (nothing brought along to sell), but I did see several large purchases by dealers from walk up business. Seemed like a worthwhile show for all involved.

https://www.pcgs.com/shared-orders/order-details/21679843

GSAs, OBW rolls, Seated, Walkers. Anything old and Colorado-focused, CO nationals.

Gonna get me a $50 Octagonal someday. Some. Day.

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file