Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

● ● ● October 15, 2019, CCAC meeting: George Washington Crossing the Delaware River quarter ● ● ●

KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 15, 2019 11:30PM in U.S. Coin Forum

From Coin Update October 15th news.coinupdate.com/october-15-2019-ccac-meeting-george-washington-crossing-the-delaware-river-quarter/
Today, at 9:30 a.m. (EDT), the Citizens Coinage Advisory Committee (CCAC) held a meeting to review and discuss designs for the upcoming 2021 American Liberty 24K gold coin and silver medal, the George Washington Crossing the Delaware River quarter, the 2021 U.S. Navy 2.5-ounce silver medal, and the 2020 Women’s Suffrage Centennial silver medal. Below are the various proposed designs for the George Washington Crossing the Delaware River quarter.

Comments

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

To be right honest, it occurs to me that this event has been depicted on a Quarter Dollar before (back in 1999). This is one of the most common Quarter dollar coins struck in recent years.

Do we really need to do it again, so soon?

At least it is sufficiently Patriotic and of National importance.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... Navy Ag medal at 2.5 toy. I need to check that out as we get closer.

Thanks for the info @Kudbegud.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

I kinda like 2 & 11. I don't remember the 1999 one. Had to look it up. Ahhh, the New Jersey one.

Looks like "they" are bound and determined to do this scene once again. The National Parks program will be done so something new for the quarter "needs" to be done. I'm not going to follow any multi year quarter program again. It's moved to the Dollar coin anyway which I also won't be following.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not one I will be looking for.... However, the Navy one is of interest. Cheers, RickO

• Options

I actually like most of the designs, for once. Of course, by the time it gets through committee, I am sure I will hate it.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the first one with the Delaware river wooded coastline and 2 boatmen. Can the spyglass, blank backgrounds are just lazy. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun

• Options
    BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    Looks like "they" are bound and determined to do this scene once again. The National Parks program will be done so something new for the quarter "needs" to be done.

It's the law... since the secretary choose not to do another ATB program... take it up with congress

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • Options
    olympicsosolympicsos Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 17, 2019 6:21AM

It would be nice if Congress instead mandated the LGF Washington Quarter to be the standard static design for the Quarter.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would be nice if they went back to the eagle design and brought the relief back up.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm out of the loop. Is this a series or permanent design?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file