Home Sports Talk

Breaking...Antonio Brown story will never end.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

CNN) — Britney Taylor, a woman who used to train Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown, has accused the NFL star of rape in a federal lawsuit filed in Florida Tuesday.

Taylor accuses Brown, who just signed with New England after being released by the Oakland Raiders, of rape and two instances of sexual assault.

Brown's attorney, Darren Heitner, posted a lengthy statement to his website, saying: "Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit."

Comments

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some skepticism in these delayed action cases but it certainly means more distraction for the patriots.

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019 8:19PM

With the timing, the departure and the “two” instances, I will not crucify AB for this one until more factual details are released.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

come on glick , change the title to thread for crucifying antonio brown !

Personal relationships seem to be an issue with this guy. Half the fanbase of 3 cities ,maybe half the country , hate the dude already , this feels surgically timed out . Seems like he might reconsider all the bridge burning hes been doing .

She might have been waiting till he was fully vested with the Raiders and realized it is now or never :D

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

The interesting thing is not only what the Patriots are going to do about this, but what the the league is going to do about it?

From what I saw on a news broadcast, right now this is just a civil lawsuit. No criminal charges have been filed by law enforcement or expected to be filed at this point.

I didn't read or absorb the whole posted article which is lengthy. But it appears as though Brown may have sent some tweets or something regarding these incidents, in which a civil trial jury looking at that, might believe the woman's story, find him guilty, and award the woman a lot of money.

As far as the Patriots and NFL, they may view civil charges and criminal charges differently in this particular case. I suppose that possibly they might continue to allow Brown to play as long as the charges are civil. If the charges go to criminal, there is little doubt that Brown would be released by the Patriots and also suspended from the league.

But then again, the Patriots and the league may take punitive action against Brown just because of the civil lawsuit. Who the yell knows any more?

My opinion about this right now is I think the woman does have some credibility. If the Patriots and the league agree with that, then Brown's future with the NFL won't be long.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,343 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019 4:21AM

Some jealous or aggravated Team or person paid this broad to accuse. That’s what I’m thinking. #me too is a JOKE

they were waiting until AB got the big Raider money to drop this oops now its desperation time . Her lawyers held off hoping he was getting paid now they see how its all just slipping away .

F###ing lawyers , they should heed the wisdom of that old saying , a bird in the hand , he will be broke in 6 months

By the time this works itself out AB will be working at Wendy's and when they win they will get half of his minimum wage salary if they are lucky .

If the texts are legit vetted whatever its OVAH ! :D

New England has managed to play a total of one regular season game bookmarked by the Kraft prostitution allegations and the AB civil rape lawsuit.

A decade ago the team was accused of being boring.

@Coinstartled said:
    New England has managed to play a total of one regular season game bookmarked by the Kraft prostitution allegations and the AB civil rape lawsuit.

A decade ago the team was accused of being boring.

When everyone is gunning for you it’s never boring.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I smell a discontented women who see's a possible windfall. And if this is the case she should be thrown in jail and throw away the key!

@bronco2078 said:
    they were waiting until AB got the big Raider money to drop this oops now its desperation time . Her lawyers held off hoping he was getting paid now they see how its all just slipping away .

F###ing lawyers , they should heed the wisdom of that old saying , a bird in the hand , he will be broke in 6 months

By the time this works itself out AB will be working at Wendy's and when they win they will get half of his minimum wage salary if they are lucky .

If the texts are legit vetted whatever its OVAH ! :D

<<< If the texts are legit vetted whatever its OVAH ! >>>

He f*ed himself with that, no question about it.

And if law enforcement decides to pursue this and convict him, Brown will not only lose his money, he will "enjoy" spending years playing on the prison football team.

edited September 11, 2019 5:52AM

@DIMEMAN said:
    I smell a discontented women who see's a possible windfall. And if this is the case she should be thrown in jail and throw away the key!

That is always possible.

However this case in my view, I think that the woman could be credible, especially considering Brown's personality of erratic behavior.

...a different form of "catch" if you will.

I'm not predicting anything, and Brown could play the whole season. However it wouldn't be a big surprise to me if Belichick released him today.

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hear there is an open spot for a wide receiver on the Mean Machine.

Gotta wonder if that offer from Tom Brady for Brown to stay at Brady's home until he gets settled in, is still on the table? LOL

Oh where oh where did the Patriots fans go, oh where oh where may they be? :D

@stevek said:

I’m right here. Like I said this means nothing unless charges are formerly brought into the equation. Until then there are way too many questions rather than answers at this point, if he did do it then agreed, release him and don’t look back. It is what it is, there is no shame on the Patriots over this regardless. It’s not like they gave a free pass to some dirtbag who abused his child to the point of breaking his arm and looking the other way right?

And if he does get charged I think the Pats will be fine. Do t forget we completely humiliated a solid Steelers team a few days ago. No Gronk, no AB just Brady handling business along with the numerous defensive personnel rotating in and out without a true D Coordinator on the staff.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

@stevek said:

Still here :) waiting to hear more before passing judgement. Gotta admit, I was not totally on board with signing him and now trading Thomas to the Jets. He has a tremendous amount of talent, but is one of the most disruptive players to a team I have seen. You have to trust Belichick and Brady are doing the right thing giving him a shot, but the string will be short if they sense harm to the dynasty.

Rick

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

I’m right here. Like I said this means nothing unless charges are formerly brought into the equation. Until then there are way too many questions rather than answers at this point, if he did do it then agreed, release him and don’t look back. It is what it is, there is no shame on the Patriots over this regardless. It’s not like they gave a free pass to some dirtbag who abused his child to the point of breaking his arm and looking the other way right?

Paul, I know you know I'm just bustin' chops. ;)

Patriots fans have had such good fortune for so long, and it certainly seems to be continuing this season, that this incident is not even a pimple on the Patriots record for reasons you noted.

The Patriots certainly don't "need" Antonio Brown to possibly win another championship and that was made abundantly clear in their first game when they systematically destroyed the Steelers.

I'm sure, one way or another, that Bill Belichick will take care of this, and I'm thinking right now that it may be sooner rather than later.

I'm gonna make a call that Brown gets released before the first Patriots game.

If I'm wrong, then go ahead and sue me in civil court. ;)

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Paul, I know you know I'm just bustin' chops. ;)

Patriots fans have had such good fortune for so long, and it certainly seems to be continuing this season, that this incident is not even a pimple on the Patriots record for reasons you noted.

The Patriots certainly don't "need" Antonio Brown to possibly win another championship and that was made abundantly clear in their first game when they systematically destroyed the Steelers.

I'm sure, one way or another, that Bill Belichick will take care of this, and I'm thinking right now that it may be sooner rather than later.

I know you are and like always it’s 100% fine, you know that 🍻. It just annoys me that there has to be another page to turn before he can just put on his #84 and catch passes from Brady. Obviously it’s a huge let down either way since I thought the drama was behind us

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 11, 2019 7:57AM

I'll hold off judgement on if this is nothing more than a moneygrab until we get more details but after reading Brown's text messages to this woman after the fact has me wondering if this idiot has any grasp of the english language at all. It took reading them about 4 times to figure out what the hell he was trying to say.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thoughts:

Civil instead of criminal always makes me suspicious it's just a money grab.

If the texts posted are in context and from AB, it's a slam dunk for one of the allegations (and remind me to never sleep on AB's couch). My head hurt after trying to decipher them though, he has the mastery of English roughly equivalent to a 4th grade, first year ESL student.

If these allegations are proven true, it's never just a single victim. Expect this kind of news to keep dripping with additional lawsuits and perhaps criminal charges.

AB will not be a Patriot much longer. There's no need to put up with this kind of distraction.

Unusual for Gruden to look smart. Today he does.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:
    I'll hold off judgement on if this is nothing more than a moneygrab until we get more details but after reading Brown's text messages to this woman after the fact has me wondering if this idiot has any grasp of the english language at all. It took reading them about 4 times to figure out what the hell he was trying to say.

Looks like we were typing pretty much the same thing at the same time :D

@LarkinCollector said:

@erikthredd said:

Looks like we were typing pretty much the same thing at the same time :D

Forget this lawsuit,those texts have me wondering if this moron will be able to understand the playbook.

Yes, that's one thing Belichick has to weigh, the "what's next" factor.

There always seems to be a "what's next" with this guy.

September 10, 2019

STATEMENT REGARDING ANTONIO BROWN (from his attorney)

Antonio Brown learned today that he has been named in a lawsuit filed in federal court in the Southern
    District of Florida.

Mr. Brown denies each and every allegation in the lawsuit. He will pursue all legal remedies to not only
    clear his name, but to also protect other professional athletes against false accusations.
    Mr. Brown was approached by his accuser in 2017, shortly after Mr. Brown signed a contract making him the highest paid wide receiver in the NFL.

At that time, Mr. Brown was asked to invest $1.6 million dollars in the accuser’s business project.
    Mr. Brown was not informed by his accuser that she had just been levied with a $30,000 IRS tax lien or
    that $300,000 of the $1.6 million so called “investment” was to be used to purchase property already owned by the accuser and her mother.

When Mr. Brown refused to make the $1.6 million “investment,” the accuser supposedly cut off
    communications with Mr. Brown.

However, in 2018, the accuser resurfaced and offered to travel to Pennsylvania and South Florida to train Mr. Brown for the upcoming season.

Thereafter, the accuser engaged Mr. Brown in a consensual personal relationship. Any sexual interaction with Mr. Brown was entirely consensual.

The accuser not only traveled to Mr. Brown’s residences on multiple occasions, she traveled from
    Tennessee to Florida and returned at 2 a.m. to Mr. Brown’s residence ten days after the alleged assault.
    The accuser continued communications with Mr. Brown throughout 2018, and even asked Mr. Brown for tickets to a Pittsburgh Steelers football game in the winter of 2018.

Mr. Brown’s accuser has continually posted photographs of Mr. Brown on her social media in an effort to financially benefit from his celebrity. Mr. Brown, whose hard work and dedication to his craft has allowed him to rise to the top of his profession, refuses to be the victim of what he believes to be a money grab.

In May 2018, Mr. Brown’s accuser invited herself to join Mr. Brown and his friends, who were patrons at
    Miami adult entertainment clubs. After several hours of partying, Mr. Brown and his friends called it a
    night.

Instead of leaving by herself, as she had arrived, and returning to her hotel, Mr. Brown’s accuser solicited Mr. Brown to join her and return to Mr. Brown’s residence where the two engaged in consensual sex.

Again, Mr. Brown denies all of the accuser’s allegations.

Darren Heitner

Not sure if I buy this lawyer letter or not?

I'll have to look at those Brown tweets when i get the chance, and then i'll make a ruling, guilty or not guilty. :)

Patriots statement:

“We are aware of the civil lawsuit that was filed earlier today against Antonio Brown, as well as the response by Antonio’s representatives,” read the statement. “We take these allegations very seriously. Under no circumstance does this organization condone sexual violence or assault. The league has informed us that they will be investigating. We will have no further comment while that investigation takes place.”

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

I'll have to look at those Brown tweets when i get the chance

it's guaranteed to be 3 minutes of your life you'll wish you had back

@galaxy27 said:

@stevek said:

I'll have to look at those Brown tweets when i get the chance

it's guaranteed to be 3 minutes of your life you'll wish you had back

Yea, i've read that Antonio Brown won't make anyone forget Robert Frost. LOL

@stevek said:

Yea, i've read that Antonio Brown won't make anyone forget Robert Frost. LOL

let me put it this way. there would be no greater insult to a box of rocks than to say that Antonio Brown is as dumb as it is

• arteeartee Posts: 757 ✭✭✭

Whoever is lying in this case should get serious jail time. Rape is deplorable but if it turns out she is lying, isnt she raping him? I think the jail time should be just as stiff. Bad pun intended.

edited September 11, 2019 12:58PM

Night Moves
    Song by Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band
    Lyrics
    I was a little too tall could have used a few pounds
    tight pants points hardly renown
    she was a black-haired beauty with big dark eyes
    points of her own settin way up high
    way up firm and high
    out past the cornfields where the woods got heavy
    out in the backseat of my sixty chevy
    workin on mysteries without any clues
    workin on our night moves
    tryin to make some frontpage drive-in news
    workin on the night moves
    in the summertime
    mmm in the sweet summertime
    we weren't in love, oh no far from it
    we weren't searchin for some pie-in-the-sky summit
    we were just young and restless and bored
    livin by the sword
    and we'd steal away every chance we could
    to the backroom, to the alley, or the trusty woods
    I used her, she used me, but neither one cared
    we were gettin our share
    tryin to lose the awkward teenage blues
    mmm and it was summertime
    mmm sweet summertime summertime
    ohhh
    wonderin
    felt the lightning yeah
    and we waited on on the thunder
    waited on the thunder
    i woke last night to the sound of thunder
    how far off i sat and wondered
    started humming a song from nineteen sixty two
    aint it funny how the night moves
    when just dont seem to have as much to lose
    strange how the night moves
    with autumn closing in
    mmm
    night moves
    mmmm
    night moves
    yeah
    i remember
    oh sure remember the night moves
    aint it funny how you remember
    aint it funny how you remember
    i remember i remember i remember i remember
    oooohh ohh ohh
    and we were workin
    workin and practicin
    workin and practicin all of the night moves
    night moves
    ooooh i remember
    yeah yeahi remember
    lord i remember lord i rememeber
    Source: Musixmatch
    Songwriters: Bob Seger

<<< I used her, she used me, but neither one cared
    we were gettin our share >>>

I think this snippet from the song sums up their relationship quite nicely for most of it.

I read the one tweet and Galaxy was certainly right. LOL

So the situation, in my opinion, is that both of them were involved in a lot of "night moves" or whatever anyone wishes to call it. They were both getting their share.

Now here's the difficult legal part. Just because you're in a steamy relationship with a woman, doesn't give you any right to rape her. I mean even marital rape is a crime.

For now based on what I've read, it seems the entire case obviously boils down to her word against his. I don't think the tweet incriminates him. Brown's attorney will argue that he was just tweeting about their steamy relationship.

So did he really do it or is she just out to get what she considers her share, likely to the tune of several million dollars?

We shall see what happens.

edited September 11, 2019 1:13PM

No reporter is going to provoke the GOAT.

Although these media bastiges sure like to try. :D

@erikthredd said:

Sure...it is only a money grab as this is your team. Assuming that the AB texts are genuine, is this a guy that you want to stand and cheer for?

@Coinstartled said:

@erikthredd said:

Sure...it is only a money grab as this is your team. Assuming that the AB texts are genuine, is this a guy that you want to stand and cheer for?

I don't stand and cheer for any player so Brown won't be any different than any other player,take that crap elsewhere. Go read what happened during the second so called assault then tell me why this woman would put herself in any position with this guy again after that. Money.

I regret being a Pistons fan 30 years ago. Laimbeer and the crew were thugs. Detroit was a wasteland so we embraced a wasteland type team. I sort of get the love for the Patriots as they play in a cold and tired part of the world, but geez, they will carry more footnotes than a chemistry dissertation.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/as-patriots-scramble-for-info-nfl-looks-to-move-quickly-on-antonio-brown-probe-235416302.html

NFL prefers to move 'quickly' on whether or not to put Antonio Brown on commish exempt list

.....On Wednesday, NFL agent Drew Rosenhaus appeared to suggest during an ESPN appearance that he and Brown — whom Rosenhaus represents — had reason to believe a lawsuit aimed at Brown was in the works.
    “Antonio and I had been unfortunately anticipating this possibility,” Rosenhaus said during his ESPN appearance.Pressed on what information he shared with the Patriots and when he shared it, Rosenhaus declined to comment.“I’m not going to get into that element,” Rosenhaus said. “I’m not going to get into my discussions with the Patriots and what may or may not have been discussed. I just want to reiterate: people should please keep in mind that Antonio denies these allegations. He will have a full investigation. He will go through the legal process.”

It's rare that someone such as the accuser doesn't try to settle something like this out of court before filing a lawsuit. So likely there had been wrangling going on, back and forth, between the two party's attorneys before the lawsuit was filed.

From the article it appears that Rosenhaus may not have told the Patriots about it. Perhaps figuring get the contract signed and take a chance, rather than tell the Patriots about it, and then there would likely be no chance of anything getting signed.

I think the Patriots were hoodwinked with this. So now it's up to the Patriots. And of course the league could step in as well.

To keep Brown or not to keep Brown, that is the question.

dude is a metastatic cancer. he has proven it time and again. this Bears fan doesn't proclaim to know intricacies of the Pats organization, but what i do know is that they have a history of summarily cutting bait if a player does not contribute to the harmony. after they laid waste to the Steelers last Sunday night by thoroughly dominating both sides of the football, there is the sweetest of tunes coming out of New England. and if you listen closely, that track includes the following lyrics: "we do not need Antonio Brown."

i view AB as a human paradox -- one of the best receivers in the league could potentially do irreparable harm to a very promising season if kept around

Like I immediately suspected. ^^^^^^

edited September 12, 2019 3:50PM

Maybe Kraft and Brady were behind this acquisition to make the non NE public forget about the deflated balls and the Florida hummer incident. If so they are brilliant and it worked.

edited September 12, 2019 4:00PM

@Coinstartled said:
    Maybe Kraft and Brady were behind this acquisition to make the non NE public forget about the deflated balls and the Florida hummer incident. If so they are brilliant and it worked.

Obviously your joking so I need not address this lol

its a reverse "boy who cried wolf" scenario this dude is such an idiot most people figure guilty unless proven innocent.
    When he colored his steelers helmet in raiders silver and black with crayons that was the point where most of us thought he was certifiable .
    Plus if you read the texts he sounds like a terrible person , if he sounded more reasonable you would give him the benefit of the doubt.

There is a lot wrong still , if he doesn't have money then she doesn't do this. I still think it was timed to coincide with him getting 30 million from the raiders but that blew up over a pretty short period of time

edited September 12, 2019 4:10PM

@bronco2078 said:
    its a reverse "boy who cried wolf" scenario this dude is such an idiot most people figure guilty unless proven innocent.
    When he colored his steelers helmet in raiders silver and black with crayons that was the point where most of us thought he was certifiable .
    Plus if you read the texts he sounds like a terrible person , if he sounded more reasonable you would give him the benefit of the doubt.

There is a lot wrong still , if he doesn't have money then she doesn't do this. I still think it was timed to coincide with him getting 30 million from the raiders but that blew up over a pretty short period of time

I cannot recall any dynasty teams with anywhere near this much off the field misery. It is sort of drawing me back to the game at least to witness the meltdown.

I suppose the jury is out as to whether social media and texting has help major league team sports or not. It certainly offers a previously unavailable look into the bowels of the athletes lives.