Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

Why we grade, encapsulate & certify coins, banknotes, art...

Hi,

I have been wondering what the reasons are we choose to slab our works of metallic art?

From my perspective over the last 30+ years, certified coin & bank notes have gone through a few phases (in terms of popularity, price & availability) - some positive, some not so much.

Please tell us what your most important reasons are for paying to have a coin slabbed.

I realize, as with anything to do with collecting by humans, all things are subject to change - but some "things" which we use to evaluate our works of art, are much more important to us....

We are offering some unusual works of metallic & other forms of art - let us know if something strikes your fancy...

HJP

http://www.ebay.com/sch/hjp_hawaii/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

Comments

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

well OP, I looked at your ebay page and everything your selling is slabbed, so tell me why no raw coins?

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    HJPHJP Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

I think we have a raw 8 Reales for sale...

I buy raw coins & slab em. Wondering why...

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

A sale masked as a discussion about slabbing stuff.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SaorAlba said:
    A sale masked as a discussion about slabbing stuff.

At least it's on the BST though.

• Options

Yes, I am selling coins, banknotes, all kinds of art.

My question is aimed at understanding the reasons why we choose to pay a fee to encapsulate an object with an option of the condition.
    HJP

• Options

opinion...