Home Q & A Forum

Has anyone info about a silver bar company by the name of Certified Ingots. It is on a 100 oz bar.

JCRJCR Posts: 19
edited February 21, 2020 9:27AM in Q & A Forum

Don’t have any idea where or when this bar was made. Tested and is .999 silver and found another one for sale on eBay. Still no info on company that produced bar.

Answers

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might want to post pics of the bar so people can see it. There will likely be someone here that will know about it.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Thanks for the suggestion.
    Any info is appreciated.
    Here it is

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

appears that NOT even Google knows this Co.
    1st thing I would do it is weigh it!
    2nd I would do is have a jeweler XRF it.
    would I buy it... No way.
    too many unknown markers... like a . dot (decimal marker. for 1/000) missing before the 9s.
    Anyone can make a bullion bar using honestly certified bars.
    where is the certification?
    BUT why do that? you make better $$$ with small bars.
    Just my opinion!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

sell it.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in the day I think there were a lot of silver "issuers" - it is all generic silver but without a known pedigree or reputation of the maker, buying and selling it is tough.

Unless you can get more than melt from a silver bar collector, I agree it is best to sell and get the cash. If you still want to own silver you can buy a recognized brand/format.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019 12:15PM

@JCR said:
    Don’t have any idea where or when this bar was made.

Welcome to the CU forums @JCR.

Hope you haven’t put any $ into an unknown. Realize, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Post in the PM forum for possibly more info: https://forums.collectors.com/categories/precious-metals

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,623 ✭✭✭✭✭

The xrf reading is...........

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• YQQYQQ Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭✭✭

............ ok maybe the xrf unit knows PRoC ??/ and displays it as such? B)

Today is the first day of the rest of my life