Has anyone info about a silver bar company by the name of Certified Ingots. It is on a 100 oz bar.

Don’t have any idea where or when this bar was made.

Answers

• morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭✭✭

You might want to post pics of the bar so people can see it. There will likely be someone here that will know about it.

BST Transactions: Smittys, LanLord, Gerard, Chumley, MercCrazy, 1907Quarter, greencopper, bankerbob56, Segoja, acloco, Type2, CuKevin, Jimineez1, valente151
  • Thanks for the suggestion.
    Any info is appreciated.
    Here it is

• YQQYQQ Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭

appears that NOT even Google knows this Co.
    1st thing I would do it is weigh it!
    2nd I would do is have a jeweler XRF it.
    would I buy it... No way.
    too many unknown markers... like a . dot (decimal marker. for 1/000) missing before the 9s.
    Anyone can make a bullion bar using honestly certified bars.
    where is the certification?
    BUT why do that? you make better $$$ with small bars.
    Just my opinion!

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • lonn47lonn47 Posts: 201 ✭✭✭

sell it.

• JBKJBK Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭✭✭

Back in the day I think there were a lot of silver "issuers" - it is all generic silver but without a known pedigree or reputation of the maker, buying and selling it is tough.

Unless you can get more than melt from a silver bar collector, I agree it is best to sell and get the cash. If you still want to own silver you can buy a recognized brand/format.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 7,300 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 10, 2019 12:15PM

@JCR said:
    Don’t have any idea where or when this bar was made.

Welcome to the CU forums @JCR.

Hope you haven’t put any $ into an unknown. Realize, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Post in the PM forum for possibly more info: https://forums.collectors.com/categories/precious-metals

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

The xrf reading is...........

• YQQYQQ Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭✭

............ ok maybe the xrf unit knows PRoC ??/ and displays it as such? B)

Today is the first day of the rest of my life