Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

National Battlefield Coin Show (Gettysburg, PA) September 13-14, 2019

All Dealer tables are sold!

Open to the public Friday, September 13th from 9am - 6pm and Saturday September 14th from 9am - 3pm.

The show will be at the Eisenhower Hotel and Conference Ballroom, 2634 Emmitsburg Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325

FREE Admission!!!! FREE Parking!!!! FREE Appraisals!!!!

http://www.battlefieldcoinshows.com

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

Comments

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Big Webb here. This will be my first visit to the battlefield coin show and I'm getting a room at the Eisenhower and making a weekend out of it.

COOKIES!

• goldengolden Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure would like to go ,but it is just way too far.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Show reports appreciated.

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck with the show Mike, it's great to be sold out :)
    Boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in for the show. Some D. Carr dupes for ANACS. Etc.

@BIGWEBB said:
    Big Webb here. This will be my first visit to the battlefield coin show and I'm getting a room at the Eisenhower and making a weekend out of it.

if your Avatar is you I'll say hello. I'm staying over Friday.

J

@mapleman yes that's me. Look forward to seeing you. Looking to make some great finds. See you there bud.

COOKIES!

Except I have alot more gray. LOL

COOKIES!

@mapleman do you know if anacs are doing any onsite grading?

COOKIES!

No, but I'm certainly planning to submit.

@mapleman said:
    No, but I'm certainly planning to submit.

No, meaning I don't know.> @BIGWEBB said:

Ok thanks. I'll see you around the show.

COOKIES!

Goodnuff.........

• MICHAELDIXONMICHAELDIXON Posts: 6,373 ✭✭✭✭✭

@BIGWEBB said:

I talked to Geoff from ANACS a few minutes ago and he confirmed he would be there. Be sure to look me up!

Spring National Battlefield Coin Show is April 12-13, 2024 at the Eisenhower Hotel in Gettysburg, PA. WWW.AmericasCoinShows.com

@MICHAELDIXON said:

@BIGWEBB said:

I talked to Geoff from ANACS a few minutes ago and he confirmed he would be there. Be sure to look me up!

Thanks for the info. Will look for you.

Thanks @MICHAELDIXON and @mapleman for passing along the info. I'll have to reconsider what to bring along. Looking forward to a productive and relaxing weekend.

COOKIES!

Stop by and visit!

Best of luck to you Mike and to the Show @MICHAELDIXON :)
    Boston MDCXXX

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Any show reports?

edited September 16, 2019 6:43AM

The show saw 1016 collectors through the doors with over 60% coming through the doors on Friday. This was an average number of attendees for this show. I met several board members and I want to say "Thank you" to everybody who attended!

Everything was selling from 2X2 carded common wheat cents (surprising to me) to mid 5 figure gold pieces. Overall the dealers were very satisfied with their sales. One dealer said he could leave Friday because he had exceeded his sales expectations. There were 7 ancient and foreign dealers who did very well. I was very pleased with the show and pleased with the number of dealers who submitted their contracts for the April 2-4, 2020 show.

The Ballroom is being renovated and one of the partitions at the Reeded Edge tables would not go all the way into the wall and protruded out several feet. A big Thanks to Rob Lehman for his "overcome and adapt" philosophy! Several ceiling lights went out and would not come back on, which left several dealers "in the dark!" Not literally, but they depended heavily on their table lamps.

Jim Hirtle gave the Coin Collecting class, which had 5 kids. He gave autographed copies of his book on coin collecting and emailed me last night wanting me to invite all church youth groups, scouts, etc to the April 2020 show for his presentation. The April 2020 show is April 2 for setup and early birds and April 3-4 for the public. The September show is September 10 for setup and early birds and September 11-12 for the public.

We had no security issues! And, believe it or not, this time nobody left any clothing or coins behind. The only thing left behind after the show was a very well used black walking cane with silver duct tape. If it was yours, call the Eisenhower hotel and claim it.

I purchased 3 Proof Mercury dimes (2-1941 1 PCGS 1 NCG and 1-1942 PCGS), 2 proof (1942) PCGS quarters, an old ANACS photo cert MS63 Pilgrim Commemorative half, a Westminster, MD bank silver round and a small box of "stuff." Coins look better in hand and are not washed out, spotted, etc.

Thanks for your report. Sounds like a very nice show.

Thanks Mike