Home Sports Talk
Options

Which of these is the most impressive

Comments

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    If Wentz goes on and wins 6 Super Bowls you would say the same thing Steve. You and I both know it. Obviously your safe because he would never do that but still

GOAT among GOATS would have to be a player who had not only phenomenal records, but also a major lasting impact on the game, while he played and thereafter.

Once Brady is retired, he will be all but forgotten as far as how the current players play the game. And we all know that it was coach Belichick who had the major impact on the Patriots run of success, not Tom Brady.

Belichick could possibly be in consideration for GOAT among GOATS with coaches, i haven't really given any thought on that one.

Carson Wentz if he wins 6 Super Bowls, will be no different than Tom Brady in the mentioned regard.

• Options

@1970s said:

@stevek said:
    Great players such as Brady, Jordan, etc, aren't even worth mentioning as far as who is the GOAT as far as domination in a major team sport with records, etc.

There are only two contenders, the Babe and Wilt. So sorry, nobody else.

As far as who was greater, between the Babe and Wilt, now THAT is a very tough call. To this day I'm still not 100% sure. A good case can be made for either one on top. But if I'm forced to choose, I gotta go with Wilt...the GOAT among GOATS.

I have no problem if anyone wants to say Babe Ruth was the greatest ever. Great pitcher. Great hitter. Won many championships. However, he wasn't in a class by himself. Ted Williams has pretty much equal numbers to the Babe. I don't mean almost equal. I mean pretty much equal. Their defense was comparable too. Both Ted Williams and Babe Ruth are on the same level in my opinion.

I do have Ted Williams second on my MLB GOAT list behind Ruth.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,184 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019 12:47PM

One of the reasons Jordan is considered the GOAT, besides his desire to win, is the fact that he could do things no one else could do. He mesmerized and captivated everyone. Watching Jordan was like poetry in motion.

• Options

Just freaking beautiful.

• Options

Jordan was great without question, but Julius Erving was doing similar things before him as far as the theatrics.

• Options

Jordan was also fearless.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,589 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019 1:19PM

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:
    Great players such as Brady, Jordan, etc, aren't even worth mentioning as far as who is the GOAT as far as domination in a major team sport with records, etc.

As far as who was greater, between the Babe and Wilt, now THAT is a very tough call. To this day I'm still not 100% sure. A good case can be made for either one on top. But if I'm forced to choose, I gotta go with Wilt...the GOAT among GOATS.

I have no problem if anyone wants to say Babe Ruth was the greatest ever. Great pitcher. Great hitter. Won many championships. However, he wasn't in a class by himself. Ted Williams has pretty much equal numbers to the Babe. I don't mean almost equal. I mean pretty much equal. Their defense was comparable too. Both Ted Williams and Babe Ruth are on the same level in my opinion.

So you put Ted right behind Ruth yet your basis for Ruth and Wilt is pure domination amongst their peers? Yet you don’t think Brady belongs i the conversation???? You are getting crazy LOL.

• Options

Ridiculous.

• Options

The famous switch handed lay in from the 91 finals.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

So you put Ted right behind Ruth yet your basis for Ruth and Wilt is pure domination amongst their peers? Yet you don’t think Brady belongs i the conversation???? MmmmmmmmmmNK! LOL.

Paul, you're a homer when it comes to Tom Brady. And that's fine.

However trying to place Brady in the conversation as a candidate for GOAT among GOATS is preposterous. That's known as wearing rose colored glasses, and your lenses are ultra thick - LOL.

• Options

This is just insane.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

So you put Ted right behind Ruth yet your basis for Ruth and Wilt is pure domination amongst their peers? Yet you don’t think Brady belongs i the conversation???? MmmmmmmmmmNK! LOL.

However trying to place Brady in the conversation as a candidate for GOAT among GOATS is preposterous. That's known as wearing rose colored glasses, and your lenses are ultra thick - LOL.

Your completely wrong. Yea Ofcourse I’m a homer but if you can’t see Brady in the conversation then your really off your rocker. I’m being totally serious about this, I don’t think ive ever disagreed with someone more than this, it’s at a confusing level really.

• Options

Fly Superman, fly!!!

• Options

I was in attendance at that Sixers infamous playoff game when Julius Erving playing for the Sixers boasted before the game, "You can mail in the stats." I forget the point spread but the Sixers were a prohibitive favorite.

For those who don't know about this game, my "infamous" remark is a spoiler alert as to what happened. 😞

But despite that hiccup, Erving is still a most beloved player in Philadelphia.

• Options

When the the tongue makes an appearance, there's going to be trouble!

• Options

What can I say?

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

Your completely wrong. Yea Ofcourse I’m a homer but if you can’t see Brady in the conversation then your really off your rocker. I’m being totally serious about this, I don’t think ive ever disagreed with someone more than this, it’s at a confusing level really.

Brady's run of success is remarkable. But most including me see it as a team achievement due to Bill Belichick's coaching genius, not as a Tom Brady achievement on a GOAT level.

But keep wearing those rose colored glasses Paul, they fit you well when it comes to Tom Brady. LOL

• Options

Unguardable shot.

• Options

All star game fade away, undefendable.

• Options

From way downtown.

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

Brady's run of success is remarkable. But most including me see it as a team achievement due to Bill Belichick's coaching genius, not as a Tom Brady achievement on a GOAT level.

But keep wearing those rose colored glasses Paul, they fit you well when it comes to Tom Brady. LOL

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

Steve you can keep drinking your own kool Aid, no problem but really the fact that you look at Brady’s results as a “Team Accomplishment” is ridiculous since he has had more different teams around him than any other Super Bowl winner. Nobody has had to adjust to as many different players as him, not to mention the coaching staffs. He has won through it all. Keep drinking your own Kool Aid Steve 🙄😴

• Options

Impossible shot.

• Options

Turn around fade away over Kobe, with Shaq helplessly watching.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@1970s said:

@stevek said:

Steve you can keep drinking your own kool Aid, no problem but really the fact that you look at Brady’s results as a “Team Accomplishment” is ridiculous since he has had more different teams around him than any other Super Bowl winner. Nobody has had to adjust to as many different players as him, not to mention the coaching staffs. He has won through it all. Keep drinking your own Kool Aid Steve 🙄😴

By "team achievement" I meant the FACT that Bill Belichick is a stone cold genius in that every season, far better than any other coach in his era, he manages to put together the right pieces of the puzzle to make the Patriots a winning team.

I've never seen a better coach at doing this than Bill Belichick. He is a master, and without question that mastery has aided Tom Brady's remarkable success over the years.

You may not see it like this, but in no way, shape, or form am i denigrating Tom Brady. You know I'm a fan of his. But to place Brady up there with legends such as Babe Ruth or Wilt Chamberlain, come on now Paul, that is just plain silly.

• Options

Another sick shot.

• Options

Hardcore dunk on Ewing.

• Options

Another hardcore dunk.

• Options

The finger wagging dunk.

• Options

Nobody can defend this.

• Options
    edited August 26, 2019 2:18PM

Too many videos, I think that’s what the problem is. SteveK is getting delusional 😂

• Options

Another ridiculous shot. His athleticism was far beyond anything the NBA has ever seen. You just couldn't deal with him.

• Options

Paul can be excused from reading this post because he's at the optometrist office getting a thicker prescription of rose colored glasses for when he watches Tom Brady this season.

I usually don't do hypotheticals, and i'm not going to belabor this one. But imagine for a moment a QB such as Marino or Elway playing for the Patriots instead of Tom Brady. The NFL may have had to outlaw it to give the other teams a chance to win. LOL

Now imagine Tom Brady on most any other team. In my opinion he would have been around a lifetime .500 winning games quarterback. Perhaps a little better or a little worse, but that's about it.

There is no conceivable way a player such as that should be mentioned as a possible GOAT among GOATS, and only a severe homer could possibly think otherwise.

That's all. :)

• Options

I hope everyone has enjoyed the show! If you'll excuse us, Michael and me have a sink full of dishes to wash. ;)

• Options

@stevek said:
    Paul can be excused from reading this post because he's at the optometrist office getting a thicker prescription of rose colored glasses for when he watches Tom Brady this season.

I usually don't do hypotheticals, and i'm not going to belabor this one. But imagine for a moment a QB such as Marino or Elway playing for the Patriots instead of Tom Brady. The NFL may have had to outlaw it to give the other teams a chance to win. LOL

Now imagine Tom Brady on most any other team. In my opinion he would have been around a lifetime .500 winning games quarterback. Perhaps a little better or a little worse, but that's about it.

There is no conceivable way a player such as that should be mentioned as a possible GOAT among GOATS, and only a severe homer could possibly think otherwise.

Tom Brady is flat out better than both of those guys you mentioned. It’s called QB Vision, he is a smarter and more accurate thrower than either one of those guys ever were. 9 Super Bowl trips with 6 Wins will never be repeated by any other QB ever. Brady has had to win with less than any team that Montana or Elway ever had. Regardless of us hashing this out any more, your simply out of touch with reality. Brady is at the top of any listed GOAT conversation by any sportswriter in America. Your just a confused sports fan, I get it

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Tom Brady is flat out better than both of those guys you mentioned. It’s called QB Vision, he is a smarter and more accurate thrower than either one of those guys ever were. 9 Super Bowl trips with 6 Wins will never be repeated by any other QB ever. Brady has had to win with less than any team that Montana or Elway ever had. Regardless of us hashing this out any more, your simply out of touch with reality. Brady is at the top of any listed GOAT conversation by any sportswriter in America. Your just a confused sports fan, I get it

<<< Tom Brady is flat out better than both of those guys you mentioned. >>>

Not in a trillion years.

But if that's your fantasy, far be it for me to try any further to spoil it. LOL

• Options

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Not in a trillion years.

But if that's your fantasy, far be it for me to try any further to spoil it. LOL

Numbers don’t lie. FACT

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Not in a trillion years.

Numbers don’t lie. FACT

Well, i think we can agree on one thing, that Tom Brady may be the worst receiver ever in the history of the NFL. ;)

https://youtu.be/16x035QVrEI