Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

[CLOSED] "Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #3 (closed on 8/31/19)

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 3, 2019 2:19PM in Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

*** THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED NOW ***

(But the next one is here)

"Win LordM's Loot" Giveaway #3

Deadline for entries: Midnight Eastern US time, Saturday, August 31, 2019.

This will be a random drawing at the end of the month, using the random.org True Random Number Generator.

Winner will get his or her choice of one item from my "Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies" page. (Give that link a moment to load.)

To enter:

(1) Please include the words "entry post" in your initial post to this thread - and only your first post. You may reply to this thread as many times as you like, but if you put the phrase "entry post" into more than one reply, you will disqualify yourself.

(2) In addition to the words "entry post", post something else that is coin-related in some way- whatever you like.

(3) Please view the list of prizes and specify your first, second, and third choices, in order.

(4) You may edit your post to change your three prize picks at any time before the deadline, but remember, only one entry post per member, and one prize.

(5) There are no strings attached, and I pay shipping- worldwide- but if international shipping ever proves too costly on an item (or if all three of your prize picks are gone at the time of the drawing), I reserve the right to offer you a different prize or a PayPal gift instead.

Note that the prizes are drawn from my pick bin list. Ignore any pricetags you see. The list is subject to change throughout the month. Items are subject to prior sale or trade. But new items might also be added.

This is why I want you to list first, second, and third choices, and encourage you to periodically check the list for changes and new additions, and edit the selections in your entry post if you want.

Good luck! :)

For some idea of how these work, here is last month's contest.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

ENTRY POST.

WOW FIRST ONE IM HONORED!
    My fat man looks a little under nourished.
    1: German imperial medal
    2: Ukranian medal
    3: Atlantis hand poured bar

Thanks.

COOKIES!

• MjwagsMjwags Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

entry post
    If money doesn't grow on trees why do banks have branches?

Roman Empire: bronze antoninianus of Claudius II Gothicus, ca. 268-270 AD, Rome mint, Jupiter reverse

Roman Empire: bronze antoninianus of Divus Claudius II, ca. 270-271 AD, eagle reverse, posthumous issue

Roman Empire: bronze radiate of Maximianus, ca. 286-305 AD

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2, 2019 12:36AM

@BIGWEBB said:
    My fat man looks a little under nourished.

I think that type is generally referred to as a "Junk dollar". Love 'em.

The so-called"fatman" dollar is a different type.

(Sun-Yat Sen does look a bit slimmer on the Junk dollars, doesn't he.)

Here's one I had, earlier this year.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • BIGWEBBBIGWEBB Posts: 214 ✭✭✭

Thanks @lordmarcovan I knew the actual fat man is a little earlier then this junk dollar but I thought it was the same guy on both coins that's why I said he looked under nourished. Why do you think he was depicted so much smaller on these. Think he had gastro LOL?

COOKIES!

• DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

"Entry Post"

Jefferson's Ghost

Lincoln Memorial Cent - 1990 Flip Over Double Struck Error

Confederate Fractional Note - 75 cents

Roman Empire: bronze antoninianus of Claudius II Gothicus, ca. 268-270 AD, Rome mint, Jupiter reverse

Thanks

DiggerJim

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

@BIGWEBB said:
    Thanks @lordmarcovan I knew the actual fat man is a little earlier then this junk dollar but I thought it was the same guy on both coins that's why I said he looked under nourished. Why do you think he was depicted so much smaller on these. Think he had gastro LOL?

Not the same guy. Yuan Shikai is the "Fatman". That's Sun Yat-sen on the Junk dollar.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuan_Shikai

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_Yat-sen

• ffcoinsffcoins Posts: 517 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

1 Atlantis loaf bar
    2 1853 seated dime
    3 1908 barber half

• AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

entry post

Thank you for the opportunity

Someday: 1901-s Quarter

1. silver clad Washington quarter, 1976-S, Bicentennial type, ANACS PF69 CAM
    2. bronze Lincoln Wheat cent, 1930, PCI MS63 RB (gold label, toned)
    3. silver proof Washington quarter, 1962, ANACS PF65
    Joe

Everything is all right!
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

What a fun chance ....

\

• TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 9, 2019 9:40AM

Entry post.

Thanks for this month's contest!

yes, it says cleaned, but..

1803's are expensive, and I can barely see the cleaning.

And, the price was right

Oops: I forgot:

1 Atlantis loaf bar
    2 1853 seated dime
    3 1908 barber half

Frank

BHNC #203

• jimineez1jimineez1 Posts: 439 ✭✭✭

Entry Post

1- confederate .75c note
    2-Atlantis silver bar
    3- any Roman coin

Untitled

Almost Over 100 successful deals on this forum spanning well over 10 years now, feel free to ask for references!
  • KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post.

The Rittenhouse Society was the second American numismatic specialty organization founded, and remains one of the most exclusive groups today.

1. CSA Fractional Note
    2. German Imperial Medal
    3. Silver bar

Thanks!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Cool giveaway LordM!
    If I am lucky enough,
    1. 1930 1c
    2. Panama 50 Balboa
    3. 1954-S Frankie

Thanks again! B)

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭

Entry Post. The earliest recorded coin collection belonged to Augustus Caesar, the first emperor of Rome. He lived from 63 B.C. to A.D. 14, and the eighth month of our year is named after him. Thanks for the chance LordM...... 54-s Franklin, Panama Proof Balboa, Atlantis Mint (Loaf) bar.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 16, 2019 7:41AM

Entry Post.
    1. Roman Empire Claudius 268-270 AD
    2. Roman Empire Claudius 270-271 AD
    3. Roman Empire Maximianus 286-305
    Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your give away Lord M.

edited August 16, 2019 6:14AM

@AlexinPA said:
    Entry Post.
    1. US Copper-Nickle 3 cent piece.
    2. Great Britain silver Crown - Charles II 1679
    3. Roman Republic silver Denarius 63BC

Thanks for the opportunity to participate in your give away Lord M.

LOL

You'll need to pick from the giveaway list, not my Eclectic Box collection! ;)

*I salute your good taste, however. :)

• AlexinPAAlexinPA Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oops...sorry Lord M.

edited August 16, 2019 3:56PM

@AlexinPA said:
    Oops...sorry Lord M.

No worries! By all means, DO pick some stuff from the giveaway list. There's a link in the OP. :)

Edit- aha. You found it. Good luck!

Added an 1891 quarter to the list. Low grade, sure, but a decently appealing example for its pricerange. (Which would be zero if you won it.)

Also, an 1893 Columbian half.

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 30, 2019 10:21AM

Entry Post

My first graded silver coin! Always wanted a nice dragon silver Japanese coin
    1.United States: silver Capped Bust dime, 1834
    2.Japan (Edo period): cast bronze 100-mon coin
    3.Japan (Meiji era): silver shu

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post:
    I’ll tell you a story. Last weekend I went to an auction and it had some coins which I purchased. Most of the coins were silver 5 & 10 mark coins from west Germany, however there was a great surprise which was a Martin Luther East German 20 mark worth 200-300$ which I paid 5$ for. All of the German coins I paid under melt!
    1.hand poured silver bar
    2.1853 seated dime
    3. 1967 1/2 balboa
    Thank you for the giveaway!

edited August 23, 2019 10:38PM

Sold four items from the Pick Bin (which the prize here is drawn from), but added six more, including some even-older ancients and some unusual stuff (a nice big old Japanese shōgun coin and a large Weimar-era German porcelain medal).

The new additions are shown as "on hold" merely because they have not yet arrived. I would imagine they probably will, in time for the end of the month when the drawing is done.

• Entry Post:

Love the 1864 2 cent coin for its 25+ RPD's, DDO's and DDR's... Putting together a collection of just these. Also love the eac 1/2 cent coins....

1: Spain: silver 2-reales of Philip V, 1723-A, Madrid mint, with unknown scalloped rectangular counterstamp
    2: Japan (Meiji era): silver shu (Isshu Gin), ca. 1868-1869
    3: Confederate States of America: fractional currency note, 75 cents, Richmond, Virginia, April 14th, 1862, uniface printing

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post...

• Conita1218Conita1218 Posts: 140 ✭✭✭
    edited August 26, 2019 8:46PM

Entry post,
    I have spent most of my days off going through tons of coins looking for any specials and even though I haven't found it yet.
    I'm still just as excited as I was when the hunt began.
    I would love these 3 if I were to win.
    1858 Liberty dime
    1956 ANACS MS65 Quarter
    1961 ANACS MS65 PROOF QUARTER.

Thanks much. Have a great week all!

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

Pick Bin & Giveaway Goodies

Spain: silver 2-reales of Philip V, 1723-A, Madrid mint, with unknown scalloped rectangular counterstamp

Hungary: silver "Madonna & Child" denar of Holy Roman Emperor Ferdinand I, 1544-KB

United States: bronze Indian cent, 1873

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Entry post. Thanks for the chance again.

1865 2 cent
    1853 seated dime
    1857 seated dime

Thanks, Jim

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Entry post

On the topic of pirate treasure, I once bought a holed half escudo (gold) from a man who said he had found it while snorkeling. He said he saw a glimmer and went down to investigate and retrieved the small coin. I personally would have never sold a coin found in this manner!

Pirate treasure!

1.(4-piece lot): Spanish Colonial silver coins of Charles III & IV; late-1700s/early 1800s, culls (half-real, 1-real, 2-reales, & 4-reales)

2.Spain: silver 2-reales of Philip V, 1723-A, Madrid mint, with unknown scalloped rectangular counterstamp

3.Mexico (Spanish Colonial): silver 2-reales of Charles III, 1788-FM, Mexico City mint

Thank you for the chance!

It's all about what the people want...

• jmbjmb Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    edited September 4, 2019 12:32PM

Entry Post.

1. 1891 Liberty Quarter
    2. 1908 Barber Half
    3. 1954 Franklin Half

Thanks for the contest !

Howdy. Just a quick note to say that I'm postponing the drawing until after after Hurricane Dorian passes. We're "battening down the hatches" here, so to speak. If anybody wants to enter in the meantime, consider the deadline extended until my return.

Cross yer fingers for us!

See you soon, hopefully.

~RWS/"LM"

@LukeMarshall said:

On the topic of pirate treasure, I once bought a holed half escudo (gold) from a man who said he had found it while snorkeling. He said he saw a glimmer and went down to investigate and retrieved the small coin. I personally would have never sold a coin found in this manner!

I'm with you there. Could never have sold that gold half-escudo, had i found it. I've dug Spanish colonial silver while detecting, but never gold. A local friend of mine found a 1781 Mexico City 1-escudo on a waterfront site here in our town, though. And a lovely 1907 $10 Lib, too. Same site, different eras. Double gold. Amazing.

Here is my half-escudo. Bought, not dug. Key date for the series, yet I snagged it for around half catalog, in one of my better buys of the last few years. Love the toning on it.

OK, since we're not evacuated yet, and I'm not working tonight (the hotel is closed and the last guests left today), I'll fire up the random number generator and draw our winner here, in just a moment.

Stand by...

@mannie gray said:
    Entry post

Cool giveaway LordM!
    If I am lucky enough,
    1. 1930 1c
    2. Panama 50 Balboa
    3. 1954-S Frankie

Thanks again! B)

And the random number generator has smiled upon ...

@mannie gray!

@mannie gray - The 1930 Lincoln cent you picked as your first choice is available (and indeed, so are your second and third choices). You might want to click that link in the OP one more time, however, since a lot of new stuff has been added to the list recently.

Note that some are marked "hold" simply because they are new acquisitions not yet in hand. As of this post, all of the "hold" coins are in fact available to choose, except the 1896 Guatemalan 1/4 real. I'm just waiting for them to get here, is all.

Send me a PM with your final selection and your shipping address and I'll get your prize off to you as soon as Hurricane Dorian has left our area and normalcy has returned.

Numismatic regards,

~RWS/"LM"

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow.... thanks. :)
    Cool contest and interesting prizes to choose from as well!

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 3, 2019 7:40PM

@lordmarcovan said:

@LukeMarshall said:

I'm with you there. Could never have sold that gold half-escudo, had i found it. I've dug Spanish colonial silver while detecting, but never gold. A local friend of mine found a 1781 Mexico City 1-escudo on a waterfront site here in our town, though. And a lovely 1907 $10 Lib, too. Same site, different eras. Double gold. Amazing.

Here is my half-escudo. Bought, not dug. Key date for the series, yet I snagged it for around half catalog, in one of my better buys of the last few years. Love the toning on it.

That is awesome... the toning on yours is quite nice - and what are the chances, the one I am speaking of is also a 1759!! I hadn't realized it was a keydate ... here it is and an attempt at creativity. Pictures taken on the ole' cellphone but you get the idea. Cheers!

Congrats Mannie Gray on the win and thanks again Lordmarcovan for the giveaway!!

It's all about what the people want...

PS- the creative "undersea" backdrop you used was neat.