Home U.S. Coin Forum

My 3’rd year as a collector now!? 😆

CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 25, 2019 4:57AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Short story- As many that come here for the first time seeking short term answers in hopes of hitting a jackpot, I do believe that I in fact started this hobby as one of those people. Family friends sparked my interest and YouTube ignited the bomb LOL I did keep aside any and all change I had that had that “LOOK” I thought everything was a Doubled Die or rare ;) Somewhere down the line I began to take a actual interest into the hobby apart from getting rich, Before I realized it I was neck deep in numismatics and could not tell which way was up or down. So I had to start back tracking and take things one step at a time, or tried my best at the very least. After a lot of painful responses and some reality checks I realized that there are NO shortcuts I buckled down and took long road. Trial and error, research upon research, burning my eye balls through a loupe, learning terminology I had started to catch on to the basics and the rest is history. (I learn something almost every day) I would just like to thank everyone here at the boards for all of your help. You all are truly amazing and without this source and plethora of knowledge here at my fingertips I would not be the collector I am now. I can enjoy this hobby and feel comfortable while doing so! If it wasn’t for you all here I don’t think I would have stayed with it. You guys and gals deserve a 1,000 thanks over for all of your time and earnest intentions :) Down below is the very first coin I ever took a picture of! 😆 LORD have mercy. I added a few more near the same time frame- give a couple months between each. These pictures may show you where I was growing in aspects of being interested in collecting rather then money Note the 1909 was a CRH find! I have not looked through coins in some time in that nature but I do get wheat cents in bulk every now and then I’m search of RPM’s I do not have or for a replacement for one I do. I still have most of the coins that first brought me into this hobby and I do believe I will have them for a long time to come as a reminder :)

Tagged:

Comments

• giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great note. We all evolve as the passion hits, waxes, and wanes. It is good that you have buckled down and done some serious homework. But I would wager all of us learn something new every day, if we are truly committed to numismatics.

Thanks for writing and yes it is a great community! I currently only have one bloviator blocked!

Kind regards,

George

VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice post.... we all have a 'history' of how we started and the twists and turns of the long - but exciting - journey to where we are now. And many of us have some of our early coins (that were not lost in some manner). This forum is indeed a fantastic resource with a lot of great members. Cheers, RickO

• MarkMark Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRH4LIFE I think most of us came to the PCGS site already collectors, many for a very long time. So I find your post quite reassuring insofar as it says that this site can help foster a new collector. I wonder how many others came here as beginners and then, like you, blossomed into collectors.

Mark

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CRH4LIFE I enjoyed what you wrote.

It's great that you have been able to learn and become happy with your collecting while always acquiring knowledge.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Enjoyed reading your story, thanks for posting it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on 3 years, and great you have stuck with the hobby. I appreciate your enthusiasm!

• CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Thank you, I have came a long way and so has my twin brother @dagingerbeasttt

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file