Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1000 & 500 notes

KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭
edited June 17, 2019 4:48PM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

Comments

• air4mdcair4mdc Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭

I’m going to say the 500$ notes would be in the 700-800$ range.
    And the 1000$ notes in the 1500-1700$ range.
    I have seen them price a little higher.....my guesstimate is based on common notes.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m curious why it’s an assortment of problem notes, are you bargain hunting ?

I’d advise new collectors to avoid problem notes. These are so plentiful, it pays to have patience and find a note with original paper and good eye appeal regardless of the grade. The face value alone makes it a heavy lift so take your time, save up some more money and find something nice for your collection.

• KeithMS70KeithMS70 Posts: 192 ✭✭✭

Thank you guys for your input. I didn’t buy the notes as I’m a coin collector. They were in an old coin book I bought at an antique flea market.
    I figured I’d get them graded to sell easier.

• numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Due to the issues that each of these notes have, in my extensive experience with high denoms, I don't see how grading them will really change the equation.As the saying goes....it is what it is.

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency

All of those notes were in that old coin book ?
    Did the seller know the notes were in the book ?

The person didn’t know. We didn’t find out until I got home and looked through it. I tried finding the book seller but to no avail

• Best coin book purchase EVER -
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, too bad their net grades !!! :)

Timbuk3

We were all pretty shocked. I kept them
    For years feeling as those they weren’t mine but now I’m sure the person is long long and not to mention they probably got it from an estate sale and just never looked through the book.

What happened to all of the photos of the notes ?

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

This thread is now worthless with the photos deleted.

Old threads are supposed to be a resource for others with similar questions.

I’ll repost them if you guys want to see

• texiantexian Posts: 22 ✭✭

The only "problem" I see with the notes is that they aren't in my collection :-). Thanks for posting and updating, I enjoyed seeing them. I have a $500 that my Dad gave me. It is in similar shape to yours, but I will never sell it anyway.

• 2ltdjorn2ltdjorn Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭✭

if found this is an impressive set. I would be interested in buying all pieces.

WTB... errors, New Orleans gold, and circulated 20th key date coins!
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

WOW ... You found them in a coin collecting book!
    How nice is that!!!

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very interesting. I discovered a few foreign banknotes in a book in my father-in-laws effects from ww2. Thanks for sharing your windfall. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• logger7logger7 Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is always a story as to how the notes ended up in the book, I wonder what the theories would be on that?

• sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

@logger7 said:
    There is always a story as to how the notes ended up in the book, I wonder what the theories would be on that?

Books are sometimes used as a hiding place but I would have picked a book on tax law or an essay on fungus types. Someone might actually find the coin book interesting and decide to thumb through it.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.