Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Let's see your mirrors

I have a bunch but to keep the initial post semi short, I'll start with the early years. Feel free to post yours.

Comments

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,516 ✭✭✭✭✭

For me, this will be day 12 with no Joe Louis cards to buy. Uggghhhh. His rare cards take forever to turn up. "Bartender, I'll have another chocolate milkshake, with extra chocolate syrup. Bartender, if you won't serve me another one here, I'll just get one somewhere else".

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:
    For me, this will be day 12 with no Joe Louis cards to buy. Uggghhhh. His rare cards take forever to turn up. "Bartender, I'll have another chocolate milkshake, with extra chocolate syrup. Bartender, if you won't serve me another one here, I'll just get one somewhere else".

Has nothing to do with this thread.

Go kick his ass.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was just wondering if there were cards of any particular player that the OP likes to collect?

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt, back to your topic..... I mostly collect vintage players, so nothing to contribute, but I wish I did! Tippett is my favorite player of all time and he missed 95 select by one year!

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 13, 2019 5:27AM

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Yeah Dan. I didn't get dragons post as well.

@DBesse27 said:
    Matt, back to your topic..... I mostly collect vintage players, so nothing to contribute, but I wish I did! Tippett is my favorite player of all time and he missed 95 select by one year!

I feel ya. I like seeing Emmitt on throwback style cards just like I'm sure it would be cool for you to see Tippett on some 90s styles

edited June 13, 2019 8:09AM

@stevek said:
    I was just wondering if there were cards of any particular player that the OP likes to collect?

Wait till I get home from work. I have more to share Steve 😁

• Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great idea for a thread, mine aren't graded, but here are a few

Not just mirrors, but here is my Curtis Martin "rainbow"

Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach

@Kid4hof03 said:

Nice cards Abe. I loved Curtis Martin. He was such an under-appreciated back during his playing time and even by collectors now. And also who doesn't love 96 select certified mirrors? Pure awesomeness

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Sometimes , I have to vent. Can't control where it comes out.

@lawnmowerman said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

Nice cards Abe. I loved Curtis Martin. He was such an under-appreciated back during his playing time and even by collectors now. And also who doesn't love 96 select certified mirrors? Pure awesomeness

I loved him too and was heartbroken when he left the Pats.

Yaz Master Set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

@lawnmowerman said:

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Sometimes I have to vent my frustrations about not being able to locate Joe Louis cards. Sorry for the irreparable damage I caused everyone.

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Morning Matt

While your cards are way too cool, I don't remember buying any Pinnacle that year?

Are those cards numbered on the back?

Thanx for sharing buddy.

Mike

My favorite boxer is Vinny Pazienza.

Yaz Master Set

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I was just looking in the mirror and I realized I was getting old.....

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

@lawnmowerman said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

I'm a big Martin fan and have been collecting his cards for a long time. I haven't gone the graded route, was too far in to switch gears. I collect up to the end of his career, 2007, I'm at about 70% of all that Beckett lists.

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to do this very early on in this thread, but I said to myself, "nah let the thread mature in the proper direction", but since it didn't.....

@doubledragon said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Sometimes I have to vent my frustrations about not being able to locate Joe Louis cards. Sorry for the irreparable damage I caused everyone.

Not every thread has to be about you Randy. Once you learn that you'll be okay

@nam812 said:
    I was going to do this very early on in this thread, but I said to myself, "nah let the thread mature in the proper direction", but since it didn't.....

I was waiting for somebody to do that Nick. However, I'm a little disappointed there isn't a reflection of William shatner

@Stone193 said:
    Morning Matt

While your cards are way too cool, I don't remember buying any Pinnacle that year?

Are those cards numbered on the back?

Thanx for sharing buddy.

Hi Mike. No, these are unnumbered. I remember hearing on the 1997 golds, there was only print run of 30 but you know how that goes.

• softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,267 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

@nam812 said:

I was waiting for somebody to do that Nick. However, I'm a little disappointed there isn't a reflection of William shatner

Dammit I was going to do it this morning but got too busy LOL

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• nam812nam812 Posts: 10,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

Well, since you asked.

• krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

Well, since you asked.

There needs to be a ROTFLMFBO button.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

@lawnmowerman said:

@doubledragon said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:

Not every thread has to be about you Randy. Once you learn that you'll be okay

Oh, here we go again. It's not Randy. It's Bob remember?

@DBesse27 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

I say this about every player I see in the series but if you haven't seen Curtis Martin's "A football Life", be sure to check it out. He's such a good person. It's always interesting to see what motivates and drives certain players. The series really delivers on that aspect.

@lawnmowerman said:

@DBesse27 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

I say this about every player I see in the series but if you haven't seen Curtis Martin's "A football Life", be sure to check it out. He's such a good person. It's always interesting to see what motivates and drives certain players. The series really delivers on that aspect.

I would say that the Curtis Martin and Roger Staubach episodes are my favorites, no surprise as they are my two favorite players, but I agree with you Matt, the entire series does a great job of clearly revealing the personal drive and motivation of the players featured.

@Kid4hof03 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@DBesse27 said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@Kid4hof03 said:

I would say that the Curtis Martin and Roger Staubach episodes are my favorites, no surprise as they are my two favorite players, but I agree with you Matt, the entire series does a great job of clearly revealing the personal drive and motivation of the players featured.

Totally agree! I'm not ashamed to say it either but the Staubach episode made me cry a little.

Not a mirror card, but I have no choice but to show it anyway. The famous, Czech Stadion gold redemption MJ.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,572 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

@stevek said:

Wait till I get home from work. I have more to share Steve 😁

All kidding aside, they are great looking cards. 👍

• stwainfanstwainfan Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maddux.

I collect hall of fame rookie cards, https://www.instagram.com/stwainfan/

I can see that lawnmowerman is logged into the forum. I thought he was at work? Wait...... maybe he's logged in from his smartphone, while at work. Yes, very diabolical.

You have one heck of an Emmitt Smith collection lawnmowerman. Beautiful cards.

I forgot I had this one scanned

• Halos2002Halos2002 Posts: 135 ✭✭✭

One of my favorite Angel players...

@1970s said:

Quoting only so we can all see it twice.

Yaz Master Set

2010 Certified Materials Mirrors

Stop staring at mirrors, you narcissist!

Yaz Master Set

@DBesse27 said:
    Stop staring at mirrors, you narcissist!

Me or arod? If me, I'm almost done lol

2011 certified immortals mirrors

You need to change your name to lawnmirrorman.

• _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

EagleEyeKid said:

I'm dying here 🤣

edited June 13, 2019 5:31PM

EagleEyeKid said:

@doubledragon said:

The final round....