Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Let's see your mirrors

2»

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

This certainly has been a fun thread today.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Well in that case

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

The Dragon.

• Options

Finish him.

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

Unfortunately 1996 Select Certified Mirror Golds of Frank run in $6k and $3k range raw for the base and Pastime Power subset, respectively. I'll likely never own those. Fortunately, there are others to collect. Seems like I have another 40ish mirrors I haven't scanned, but these images are close by.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@BunchOBull said:
    Unfortunately 1996 Select Certified Mirror Golds of Frank run in $6k and $3k range raw for the base and Pastime Power subset, respectively. I'll likely never own those.

Ross that is mind-boggling. What was the cheapest you recall them being back in the day? If you ever come across any unopened product, maybe you can take a chance? Although, the odds of finding one would be low, it still would be fun.

• Options

When you are looking for a card on Ebay, and you reach out to a seller to see if they have it, you have to constantly check your Ebay messages. When you get an Ebay message, a little RED 1 will appear, indicating that you have a message. It can drive you absolutely MAD waiting for it to appear. I see that little RED 1 in my nightmares.

• Sincerely Randy
    • Sincerely Bob
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    When you are looking for a card on Ebay, and you reach out to a seller to see if they have it, you have to constantly check your Ebay messages. When you get an Ebay message, a little RED 1 will appear, indicating that you have a message. It can drive you absolutely MAD waiting for it to appear. I see that little RED 1 in my nightmares.

• Sincerely Randy
    • Sincerely Bob

Literally everyone:

• Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

@BunchOBull said:
    Unfortunately 1996 Select Certified Mirror Golds of Frank run in $6k and $3k range raw for the base and Pastime Power subset, respectively. I'll likely never own those.

Ross that is mind-boggling. What was the cheapest you recall them being back in the day? If you ever come across any unopened product, maybe you can take a chance? Although, the odds of finding one would be low, it still would be fun.

I hadn't seen one sell publicly in about 10 years before last fall, but Burbank had both versions for around $300 back then. Those were later resold by the buyer for $800 each privately. I didn't have the foresight to know they'd blow up like this. While ripping one would be awesome, boxes sell for $600-1500 at any given time, so it's a big gamble.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    mouschimouschi Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 15, 2019 1:25PM

Here is mine! The current record holder for biggest $ ever spent on a Canseco card eeeesh :)

Tanner Jones, Author of Confessions of a Baseball Card Addict - Now Available on Amazon!