Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 W uncirculated cent MS69 Preorders....What?

TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just took a look at ebay, and there are tons of preorders up for the 2019-W uncirculated cents in PCGS MS69.

My order didn't get shipped until today, so I won't have them in-hand until tomorrow. Is the quality on these that good? Seeing MS69 preorders up for $34...which seems crazy.

The last MS69 cent was in 2014, and there were 2 of them. No 68 W-quarters have been graded. The 1996-W dimes only had 6 69's graded out of 7000.

What am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭✭✭

The six 1996-W dimes in MS69, none of them are FB's. To me they are not fully struck.
    There is one for sale on eBay. Been languishing there for some time.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 16, 2019 9:36PM

@Tetromibi

Not the foggiest idea. Then unc set just came out. The people who ordered next day or went to the Mint’s gift shops maybe an indicator. Which reminds of this thread.

The cent looks pretty good from the pic but who knows until in-hand and to the TPGS.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1019694/i-went-to-the-phila-mint-today-bought-an-eagle-buffalo-and-2019-w-cent

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭
    edited May 17, 2019 4:49AM

Picked up sets opening day at the Philly mint.
    They are nice !!

Saw a few MS70 pre-sales for PCGS and ATS

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those pre-order offers are gambling they will get some....If not, a quick apology....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    mas3387mas3387 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    Those pre-order offers are gambling they will get some....If not, a quick apology....Cheers, RickO

They do it to pay the grading bill

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 8:42AM

Apparently they are that nice. Finally have some coming today, pretty excited to check these out.

Edit: Mine showed up, they're incredibly nice.

• Options
    59Horsehide59Horsehide Posts: 427 ✭✭✭

If you don't plan to get the 2019 W Cent graded, would you leave it in the plastic, use a 2X2, or some other storage media?

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@59Horsehide said:
    If you don't plan to get the 2019 W Cent graded, would you leave it in the plastic, use a 2X2, or some other storage media?

I would leave it in the plastic.
    I would assume it would net more in OGP upon resale.

• Options

I should have been more specific. I am interested in preserving the coin rather than thinking of selling. Thanks for your reply.

• Options

@59Horsehide said:
    I should have been more specific. I am interested in preserving the coin rather than thinking of selling. Thanks for your reply.

If you have more than one: one in the album, one in a 2x2, and one in the OGP baggie.

But, it’s up to you and how you store your collection.

• Options

I have two of the mint sets so plan to leave one in the bag (hoping it won't react with the coin) and 2X2 the other. Good suggestion, Hemi.

• Options

@59Horsehide said:
    I have two of the mint sets so plan to leave one in the bag (hoping it won't react with the coin) and 2X2 the other. Good suggestion, Hemi.

According to the linked article the bags are supposed to safe, but to many factors, holes in the bags, moisture, temperature, etc., can be a factor. We’ll know one of these days as there are probably many who have saved their cent(s) in the bag.

https://www.coinworld.com/news/us-coins/2019/03/packaging-safe-for-premium-2019-w-lincoln-cents.all.html

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tetromibi said:
    Just took a look at ebay, and there are tons of preorders up for the 2019-W uncirculated cents in PCGS MS69.

My order didn't get shipped until today, so I won't have them in-hand until tomorrow. Is the quality on these that good? Seeing MS69 preorders up for $34...which seems crazy.

The last MS69 cent was in 2014, and there were 2 of them. No 68 W-quarters have been graded. The 1996-W dimes only had 6 69's graded out of 7000.

What am I missing here?

I have not seen even one of the Special Edition Cents below MS/PR-68. Most appear to be 69's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file