Home U.S. Coin Forum

My ANA Pittsburgh buys.

I have been having a hard time buying coins lately, either I have one or they are out of my limited budget.
I now am looking for things out of the ordinary that most other collectors don't care too much about.
I got a few woodgrain Lincolns, 2 consecutive ANA Official Grade Washingtons, one of my first ancient coins and a couple of silver medals for the wife.

http://www.silverstocker.com
Anyone can PM me Any Time about Any thing.

Comments

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickups! Can you please shrink the files down before posting them? They are huge.

Collector, occasional seller

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,781 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always been a wood grain Lincoln fan too !
    That's a cool ancient coin. What do you know about it ?

• EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:
    Nice pickups! Can you please shrink the files down before posting them? They are huge.

I did shrink them from 8 MIB to 1.5, I guess it wasn't enough. I will take them down more next time. TY for the input.

• santinidollarsantinidollar Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice bounty!

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on your finds :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Woodgrain Lincolns are beautiful coins.

• SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ancient!

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a great haul, especially the cents! Enjoy!

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭✭✭

I downloaded one and it was 9MB, maybe you uploaded the originals rather than the shrunk ones by mistake? 1.5MB should be the perfect size.
    Anyway, nice coins, I don't want to derail here.

@Edthelorax said:

@ChrisH821 said:

I did shrink them from 8 MIB to 1.5, I guess it wasn't enough. I will take them down more next time. TY for the input.

Collector, occasional seller

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭✭✭

The 1929 Lincoln is tasty, and scrolling down I find the medals quite interesting! Way to go.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are nice pickups @Edthelorax.

Are you sure the silver medals are for the wife while you hold/store them. :D:)

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those quarters are nice. Are you going to start a set of them?

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent variety of material and your photos are fantastic as well.
    Congrats!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭

You bought medals featuring nekkid women for the wife??? Sure you did. :smiley:

ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

@thebeav said:
    I've always been a wood grain Lincoln fan too !
    That's a cool ancient coin. What do you know about it ?

I know it is silver, genuine, appears to have been repaired, and I got a great deal on it. That's about it.

@ChrisH821 said:
    I downloaded one and it was 9MB, maybe you uploaded the originals rather than the shrunk ones by mistake? 1.5MB should be the perfect size.
    Anyway, nice coins, I don't want to derail here.

That must be what happened. Sorry, I will be more careful next time.

@WildIdea said:
    The 1929 Lincoln is tasty, and scrolling down I find the medals quite interesting! Way to go.

I forgot the reverse

@sparky64 said:
    Excellent variety of material and your photos are fantastic as well.
    Congrats!

Those are my wife's images.

@Tibor said:
    Those quarters are nice. Are you going to start a set of them?

I have a raw circ set and a few other MS toned in holders. I am more likely to start collecting those 1st gen ANACS holders than MS Washingtons.

@shorecoll said:
    You bought medals featuring nekkid women for the wife??? Sure you did. :smiley:

I will try to get her to image the rest of her booby collection. I got her a 1861 Bank of South Carolina 10$ note last week at the PenNY show that has really nice engraving work on it.
    The one that is top of her list is a 1917 T1 quarter. We are probably going to go with a MS details (lightly cleaned) with FH strike. (Hint Hint)

I am working on a set of AU/Unc woodgrain Lincolns, this is a link to my want list if anyone has one they can let go of.

http://www.silverstocker.com/forum/index.php/topic,912.0.html

Thank you everyone for the comments.

• cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love those super-early ANACS slabs. The ones with letters in the cert are some of the earliest ones.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those medals are really nice... I just love medallic art, and wish there were more art on our coins. Cheers, RickO

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • ajaanajaan Posts: 17,341 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like those old ANACS holders, in fact, I used to own those same coins.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file