Home Sports Talk

Who here can eat a whole large pizza.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Real pizza...not the wimpy frozen kind that weighs 14 ounces.

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

I have many times.
    There's this place called Gianni's that's a 2-minute walk from my house. Real New York pizzeria. I literally can't stop when I start eating a pizza there haha

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to be able to.

Now 3/4 at best.

• LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

A Dominos thin crust, sure. A Giordanos deep dish, not a chance.

• coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you factoring beer into the equation?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

Used to but now maybe 3 pieces of a good Italian pizza not garbage like dominos or Pizza Hut.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,349 ✭✭✭✭✭

Easily and it’s not even a challenge. I very rarely eat crap food but a whole large pizza would be nothing for me, I can eat huge portions.

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,576 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never realized until this day that such gluttony existed on the CU forum.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in the "use to" group. I use to be able to eat an extra large.......now maybe a 1/3 to 1/2 of a medium.

@stevek said:

Pizza num nums

Chit, if we ever get together I'd be happy to buy the drinks, but not the food. With this sort of gluttony it might max out my credit card. :D

@LarkinCollector said:

@stevek said:

Have you never been to a card show?

Lol they serve the worst looking food and the lines of people waiting to stuff their face always cracks me up 😂

Speaking of gluttony, once a year me and my buddies go to an all you can eat “High End” buffet, we are going on 4/27 and I can’t wait! $95 gets you in the door and you get 2 hours to eat as much as you want, I let it rip there let me tell you. Last year I ate 6 Lobsters, 24 King Crab Legs, 27 assorted Shrimp and Scallops, a “Small” piece of Prime Rib, 1 BBQ Rib. For desert, 2 Root Beer Floats, a bite of cheesecake, a bite of chocolate cake and umm that’s about it. 😅. http://nordiclodge.com/

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Speaking of gluttony, once a year me and my buddies go to an all you can eat “High End” buffet, we are going on 4/27 and I can’t wait! $95 gets you in the door and you get 2 hours to eat as much as you want, I let it rip there let me tell you. Last year I ate 6 Lobsters, 24 King Crab Legs, 27 assorted Shrimp and Scallops, a “Small” piece of Prime Rib, 1 BBQ Rib. For desert, 2 Root Beer Floats, a bite of cheesecake, a bite of chocolate cake and umm that’s about it. 😅. http://nordiclodge.com/

I wish we had a prize to award for that!

@perkdog said:

😲

I like everything about that "High End" buffet except the time limit. LOL

• illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sure, not a problem if its one of those New York cardboard w/ ketchup on it pizzas!

But a real Chicago pie, not quite...

:lol:

• pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

And gained 10 pounds too I bet.

@perkdog said:

😂😂😂

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I once went to an all you can eat breakfast joint for $2.98 but I could only keep a dollar's worth down

Probably $40 to get in the nights Perk isn't there.

:*

• coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭

@illini420 said:
    Sure, not a problem if its one of those New York cardboard w/ ketchup on it pizzas!

But a real Chicago pie, not quite...

:lol:

i like lou malnatis and order them online and have them ship to me

https://www.tastesofchicago.com/category/Lou_Malnatis_6_Pizzas

@perkdog said:

You are my hero!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

I’m still laughing at one small piece of prime rib. :D

I had a friend that circa 1976 ate one of everthing at Taco Bell, 2 Little Caesars Pizza’s and 27 White Castles less the pickles. And 4 Diet Cokes.

This was in a six hour or so period.
    m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can. I used to.

• Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 12:01AM

I used to be able to eat a whole North Jersey style large pizza to my face when I was a little younger if I was hungry enough. Nowadays I can’t, though sometimes I get close...within 1-2 slices of finishing it.I’m just not what I used to be and am past my prime. I stopped taking PED’s and nagging injuries have effected my performance.

Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

You are my hero!

Let me tell you it isn’t always pretty. This one time after I was done I thought I was passing gas and you can take a guess what happened 😱, luckily I was wearing sweatpants so I pulled my boxers down to me knees and kept my sweatpants all the way up as I walked like a penguin to the bathroom stall to take care of my “Situation” 😩

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

Let me tell you it isn’t always pretty. This one time after I was done I thought I was passing gas and you can take a guess what happened 😱, luckily I was wearing sweatpants so I pulled my boxers down to me knees and kept my sweatpants all the way up as I walked like a penguin to the bathroom stall to take care of my “Situation” 😩

@perkdog said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@perkdog said:

You are my hero!

OH MY! TMI....... B)

Thread has Barkley'd.

:|

These restaurants really should smarten up and offer chairs such as this at the dining table so their patrons aren't inconvenienced and waste time by having to get up and walk to the bathroom.

edited March 31, 2019 2:08PM

This thread got me thinking about Gianni's. I didn't eat it all by myself... just a vast amount of it haha

I'm from Long Island. New York style pizza is the only kind I enjoy and nothing else compares. Of course I'm biased but don't really care😁

Matt what’s in the tin top right above the salad in your picture? They look delicious whatever they are 😋

@perkdog said:
    Matt what’s in the tin top right above the salad in your picture? They look delicious whatever they are 😋

Those are garlic knots smothered in olive oil and garlicky goodness haha

@lawnmowerman said:

@perkdog said:

They look awesome!! 😋

@perkdog said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@perkdog said:

They look awesome!! 😋

Dude they're so good! I like wiping them around inside the bowl to suck up all the extra garlic and olive oil.

Perkdog and Lawnmowerman, I've got a serious question to ask ya's.....

.....Do you guys have any fingers left or have you bitten them all off while gorging yourselves in a gluttonous frenzy?

:D

@stevek said:
    Perkdog and Lawnmowerman, I've got a serious question to ask ya's.....

.....Do you guys have any fingers left or have you bitten them all off while gorging yourselves in a gluttonous frenzy?

:D

Haha still got the same belt loop from when I started the Sheriffs Acadamy February 6 1998 💪

@lawnmowerman said:

@perkdog said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@perkdog said:

They look awesome!! 😋

Dude they're so good! I like wiping them around inside the bowl to suck up all the extra garlic and olive oil.

Now here is a Man who knows how to run his plate 😂

I haven't bit any fingers I can remember lol. However I have bit my tongue numerous times. I remember one time so bad, it was numb in that spot for about a week😂

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:
    I'm from Long Island. New York style pizza is the only kind I enjoy and nothing else compares. Of course I'm biased but don't really care😁

NY slices are indeed the best. Many claim it’s the water used in making the dough.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......

Water in the bialy dough is the key as well.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

My NY Italian wife makes thin crust sheet pies, I try to limit myself to half nowadays but have demolished whole ones before, ha!

The one on the bottom has some chorizo we brought back from Barcelona. Tastiest I’ve ever had.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

ok this thread has been messing with my head, so i had to see what type of intestinal fortitude i possessed. and yes, i purposely used those two words because after what happened last night, i feel like someone rammed a lit stick of dynamite up my tube and it detonated.

i had a bunch of unopened goodness from bbce that was in dire need of evisceration, so last night i ordered a large stuffed crust pizza with pepperoni & pineapple from pizza hut while doing so. and in case anyone is wondering before i get to the gory details, i'm 6'1", 210. not exactly where i should be, but i work at it to stay in the neighborhood. this is definitely not the type of stunt i pull with any degree of regularity.

the good news.......wait, the "good" news......is that i exterminated every slice within 30 minutes. now for the bad news. when i woke up this morning, i felt like i needed to be hauled off on a stretcher. i've been at work for about 5 hours now and i wish i could pay an exorbitant sum to have a C-section in order to remove the cheese ball lodged inside of me. like, it's so bad that i haven't actually been able to go to the bathroom yet because my body is still trying to figure out wtf is going on.

so in conclusion, sure, go for it. it'll be great while you're tearing it up. but then when the ramifications come into play and waterboarding sounds like an appealing alternative, you'll remember this public service announcement.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

HA! Gutbuster

edited April 1, 2019 1:14PM

@galaxy27 said:
    ok this thread has been messing with my head, so i had to see what type of intestinal fortitude i possessed. and yes, i purposely used those two words because after what happened last night, i feel like someone rammed a lit stick of dynamite up my tube and it detonated.

i had a bunch of unopened goodness from bbce that was in dire need of evisceration, so last night i ordered a large stuffed crust pizza with pepperoni & pineapple from pizza hut while doing so. and in case anyone is wondering before i get to the gory details, i'm 6'1", 210. not exactly where i should be, but i work at it to stay in the neighborhood. this is definitely not the type of stunt i pull with any degree of regularity.

the good news.......wait, the "good" news......is that i exterminated every slice within 30 minutes. now for the bad news. when i woke up this morning, i felt like i needed to be hauled off on a stretcher. i've been at work for about 5 hours now and i wish i could pay an exorbitant sum to have a C-section in order to remove the cheese ball lodged inside of me. like, it's so bad that i haven't actually been able to go to the bathroom yet because my body is still trying to figure out wtf is going on.

so in conclusion, sure, go for it. it'll be great while you're tearing it up. but then when the ramifications come into play and waterboarding sounds like an appealing alternative, you'll remember this public service announcement.

Some good advice from Dr Stevek:

Firstly, presuming you are in the age group of 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's like most of the curmudgeons on here. It's important to adjust eating habits depending on your age. We simply cannot eat the same way we did when we were younger if we wish to live a long healthy life. Adjustments need to be made on a regular basis.

Secondly, when in a mood to binge on a big meal, say at Thanksgiving or other times, it's very important the next day to drink plenty of water, and I would suggest not eating any meat protein the next day, possibly for two days. So for a day or two after the big meal, just eat a light diet of fruits, nuts and vegetables, small portions, etc. The body needs time to digest that big meal. Following up a big meal with another big meal the next day is often a disaster for older folks resulting in all sorts of pain and suffering. It can actually cause a heart attack or kidney shutdown, and I am not joking.

Thirdly, I have found that organic prune juice is an excellent way to help pass food thru the body. Use regular prune juice if ya can't find organic, but regular prune juice to me is not palatable. Organic prune juice actually doesn't taste bad at all. Drink maybe around a quarter glass at hourly intervals three or four times after a big meal. It has worked great over the years for me to help eliminate constipation.