Home Autographs Forum
Options

Autograph Wanted - James Marcus born Brian T. James (Georgie in A Clockwork Orange)

Hello and thanks for looking

I have been trying (for years) to get an autograph from James Marcus who played Georgie in Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. The following is more info than is needed but I just want to make it clear I'm a sincere fan and appreciate any help or guidance you may have.

I have been a fan of the film (and book) when I unearthed a copy of the VHS in my Dads collection ages ago. Shortly there after I went to great lengths to make a costume resembling one of the "Droogs". I actually met Malcolm McDowell while in costume at a 2008 Rock & Shock horror show convention in 2008 in MA. I started collecting posters and other movie memorabilia including autographs. I obtained several from Mr. McDowell including 2 when I met him in person. From there I thought it would be fantastic if I could get ALL the droogs. On ebay I was able to find Warren Clarke (Dim) and Michal Tarn (Pete) from reputable dealers and members of the UACC. James Marcus however was nowhere to be found. I began to research him and found very little (certainly no autographs). I reached out to UACC and they provided me with a business address he used to be associated with. From there I purchased British postage stamps (to place on a self addressed return envelope) and constructed a personal letter to him. I even made it a point to watch several other films he was in so I could reference them in my letter. I sent that letter out over 2 years ago with no response. A few months ago I researched the company that I was provided by UACC and found another address that was explicitly tried to Mr. Marcus when he was the acting director. https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/A_YlzitVi8cWJy3LeMFZriqJIac/appointments... I sent another letter to that address (with return postage/envelope included) the better part of a year ago with no response.....

So with all that said, can anyone give me any leads or resources I can use to try to get an auto them from the last remaining Droog?

Thanks

Matt

Answers

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2019 10:42AM

That was a great movie. Try re-sending your latest letters with a signature required of the recipient. Maybe that would help. Also if possible reach out to anyone that you can find who has an autograph of his and see how they proceeded.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

Hi Matt, are you still trying to find James Marcus?

• Options

@Belushi123 said:
    Hi Matt, are you still trying to find James Marcus?

Hey1

Indeed I am! I have made a few other attempts to locate/contact him with no success. One of my letters was retuned but only to inform me I had the wrong address. I have been largely working off of this site https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/search/officers?q=james marcus. It lists the address of Directors for UK based companies. I located several addresses to which I believed he was associated with. It would appear I was too late as he had long since resigned and or the company was dissolved. I even went as far as to reach other to other Directors that worked with him at these various companies but...nothing. I did manage to download a document from that site that has a copy of what I believe to be his signature. Not quite the same thing but at least I know what it looks like. So....do you perhaps have new lead for me?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2022 11:45AM

I looked on a paid autograph collecting website I am a member of, and there is no current address there, either.

If he's in the UK I'd Google the heck out of him to see if you can find any reference to where he lives or works. Royal Mail has a good reputation for delivering letters to incomplete addresses. ;)

• Options
    JMS1223JMS1223 Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck! I hope you can find him AND that he is a willing signer.

• Options

This is the closest I got to contacting him. This also has his signature!

• Options

• Options

I just sent an email to the following organizations https://actorsguild.co.uk/contact/ and https://spotlight.com/get-in-touch/. From what I gather they are the equivalent to Screen Actors Guild in the US. I was hoping they would give me his agents contact info....or some advice in how to get ahold of him.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,792 ✭✭✭✭✭

That doc is from 2018. Did a letter come back RTS? Is there a superseding address change on file?

• Options

Hey Matt, I might have some information regarding James Marcus. Shoot me a message when you can.

• Options

Hi again Matt, I didn't realise that you had replied to my message at the beginning of the week, I didn't get an email or notification, it's a good job that I came back to check. Myself and a friend have already been on this for a while and have been through all the companies house info. I recently found a Facebook group for UK film crew and I posted about whether anyone in the group had worked with James. So far, about 10 people have said yes they did, so I've sent them all a pm in messenger to find out if anyone has any contact details. My email is stephenrigg123@mac.com if we could communicate there easier. Stephen

• Options

@JBK said:
    That doc is from 2018. Did a letter come back RTS? Is there a superseding address change on file?

I got 1 of the several letters returned to me in the US. I think it was one of the 2 recent companies James was associated with: THE WISHBONE FOUNDATION - UK (11010818) or the THE WISHBONE PROPERTY COMPANY LTD (11415881). Whomever received it sent it back to me with the British 1st class postage I provided with the inscription "wrong address" or something to that affect....at least I know provided enough postage for future attempts.

• Options

I wonder if its worth calling the number and seeing if they have an leads....maybe that's his cell