Home U.S. Coin Forum

It is late and I am excited!!!!! Show report added.

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 24, 2019 5:35PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I have two things to be pretty happy about. For the first time in about a year and a half I am going to a Coin Show. My boss' regular helper is on vacation so he asked me to fill in. This is also my fist post-retirement show. We have to leave pretty early so we're meeting at the store around five to pack and head to Fostoria, Ohio for about a 30 dealer club-type show. I took a nap earlier and now I'm not really tired, maybe I'll stay up till I leave. I know Outhaul we be awake!!! :D

Another thing I just discovered is that I seem to be "full functioning" at the forum, everything seems to work as the PCGS IT Team must have worked out whatever the conflicts were with Windows 8 and IE. It's been a tough several weeks, about all I could do is post. It is nice to be whole again.

I'll make an effort tomorrow or Monday to do a show report. It has been a long time since I had the pleasure of offering one of those.

Al H.

Comments

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coin shows are always a good time.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can not sleep the night before something I'm excited about.

I was fortunate to not have the recent forum issues. Glad it's fixed.

Looking forward to a keets show report. Can't recall ever reading one.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun and watch out for gypsies and trolls.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@sparky64 said:
    I can not sleep the night before something I'm excited about.

I was fortunate to not have the recent forum issues. Glad it's fixed.

Looking forward to a keets show report. Can't recall ever reading one.

I have done hundreds of coin shows, and I still have trouble sleeping before one.
    I can remember the night before I went to my first big league ballgame. I had come down with something bad and was as sick as a rabid dog and burning with fever, but I was too excited to tell my parents that I was sick.
    I couldn't sleep that night--not because I was sick..but because I was so excited.
    I couldn't give a rat's patootie about baseball now, but coin shows, yeah, still have trouble knocking off before one.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...U still up old man?...I fought off an Ambien just to have some fun in here with youse...I’m high as a kite and chocolate sounds Amazing! ;)

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to your show report although after topstuff's show report yesterday you'll have a tough act to follow. :D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I used to go to that show years ago.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's exciting. Have fun at the show! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Glad your forum viewing is at 100% too!

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh wow, that's only a little over 1 1/2 hrs. away. I might hit that one next year.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I look forward to your show report Al.....You have an eye for detail and your analysis of activity will be interesting. Cheers, RickO

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Fostoria show used to be a decent small/medium sized show, back when I lived in the area and was a member.

Be sure to check out the Bid Board, if they still have it. Occasionally screaming deals could be had, especially if the owners didn't place 'protective bids' on them the day of the show. When you see dealers running back and forth placing bids, you know there must be good stuff going cheap ;)

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have fun, Al. It's always nice to rub shoulders with like interests.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't sit behind the table with so much to eat that you don't have time to talk to the customer :#

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK, inquiring minds want to know how the show went.....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The excitement in @keets OP has me excited in waiting for his report.

• TiborTibor Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. Glad it went well. Any reason for the
    crowd wanting the 2019 1/10 AGE?

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for a good report.

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent report. Thank you.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the report @keets.

• TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

Completely understand not buying a coin the first time you walk past it! My excuse is usually, "Well, they might be giving them away on the next aisle!" ;)

It's only bitten me once. Think it was a commem. By the time I went back, it had been sold. So it goes....

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • northcoinnorthcoin Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report. Just curious what was the 1792 half disme graded at and its asking price? Any photos of it or a link to the seller's website, assuming it did not sell at the show.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I didn't even ask to see the coin, I was actually stunned to see it and it was in the case along with other coins, not set aside or anything . I believe it was a VG. at another smaller club show we attend in Jamestown there is a dealer that everyone knows is the "King" at the show, he's set up in a corner and I always expect him to have something high end. a few years ago he had a 1796 $10 in a PCGS XF45 holder.

I expect to see at small shows.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file