Home Metal Detecting

sometimes one hobby leads to another

Metal detecting for old coins led to old bottle collecting for me.Found my first bottle dump in 2015 and it's still popping out treasures!!

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have read a lot about bottle collecting, though I have not done any myself. I do have a couple of old coke bottles my Mother had stored away... no real value there. Cheers, RickO

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a nice looking bottle, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Thank you @Timbuk3

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,409 ✭✭✭✭✭

pick your poison and neat find. I like :)

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can probably say most of us also "dig" neat old bottles.
    Nice find!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

That bottle is bad to the bone. I love it! Nice score.

I have also read about digging old outhouse spots.. sounds disgusting, but I have heard that a lot of bottles are found in them....Cheers, RickO

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 22, 2019 5:56AM

I used to find a lot of bottles in the woods behind the house I grew up in. Blue bottles medicine brown glass. Real neat.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Absolutely in old outhouses or privys(fancy word).Everything bad has turned to dirt by now hopefully.Ha ha.Old ravines on backsides of properties is a popular spot.Out of sight out of mind! Usually where there's lots of broken glass there are whole bottles just beneath the surface.Thanks for all the kind comment!!

Old dump sites are great for bottles and other items.... There is one here that was active when I was a kid, but now completely overgrown and long since (well over 50 years) out of use. Cheers, RickO