Home U.S. Coin Forum

I just re-imaged my 1919 Mercury's........DDO added...

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 7, 2019 10:15AM in U.S. Coin Forum

I've had these Dimes for a while, but either didn't have an image or didn't like the image. Thanks for looking. :)

Comments

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those are beautiful, Jon. Great imaging work too👌🏻👍🏻

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the 1919-S the best

Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice trio of 1919!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins and photo. The S is sooo close to FB.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Them's too old to look so new.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice ones!

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

What about your DDO?

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Excellent! Still the best piece known.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Captain, you might be of some help here: Is there another Variety, one that is as prominent as this, that you can think of that took 95 to be discovered???

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

you did a nice job with them, congrats

Well, the 1857 F.E. Cent with the half dollar clash marks was reported in Coin World’s Collectors Clearinghouse as a “whatsit?” In the 1960’s, but nobody figured it out until I did while looking at Bill Fivaz’s piece at the general error collectors meeting at the 1977 ANA convention in Atlanta.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, I like it, great images !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like your 1919s better than the 20s. Same lighting and exposure?

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sandman70gt said:
    I like your 1919s better than the 20s. Same lighting and exposure?

I jockey around with the light trying to get the pic to look as much like the coin as I can. The 19 coins are closer to white...while the 20's have more toning.

I agree that the 1919’s are better than the 1920’s, but all are nice. Must be the killer strikes on the 19-P & S.

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CaptHenway said:
    I agree that the 1919’s are better than the 1920’s, but all are nice. Must be the killer strikes on the 19-P & S.

Looks like you are in the Ricko camp as well. ;)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice Jon... Those Mercs are all RickO Approved.... Cheers, RickO

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,474 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jumpin Jee Hossa Fat!

Those is right purdy Dimes Mr. Dimey.

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file