Home U.S. Coin Forum

CoinFacts to TrueView Photo

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 27, 2019 12:14AM in U.S. Coin Forum

@PCGSPhoto @HeatherBoyd

A while back there was a discussion of allowing people to retroactively pay for a TrueView for a coin that was photographed for CoinFacts without sending the coin back in. This is attractive because many photos were photographed for CoinFacts and the only real difference is that the photo would now be available the TrueView background, the actual photos would be the same.

From a technical perspective, this seems like it could be easy to implement as the photo rendering software dynamically adds the TrueView background. The TrueView background generation can be from either when the photo was originally taken or when the TrueView was paid for.

Has there been any recent thoughts on this? This just came up for me again because I'm looking at purchasing a coin that has a CoinFacts photo and it would be great to have it with a TrueView background.

Tagged:

Comments

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the CoinFacts image exists, you only need to email the photography department with your cert # and request to add the TrueView template to that coin.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Email: photography@collectors.com

Check with @PCGSPhoto before email, though.

• OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@mach1ne said:
    If the CoinFacts image exists, you only need to email the photography department with your cert # and request to add the TrueView template to that coin.

Really? I didn’t know this was an option, although it makes sense. What’s the motivation to not do this for all coins with pics, at this point?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file