Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

;)

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a ride Rocco ....... glad you came out ahead :)

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    My new policy...
    Radio silence till the package arrives.
    I scored a HARD to find Variety I really needed for my set, added it to registry (I know it was too soon)
    And advanced with amazing results.
    Then the sale was cancelled.

Fortunately, after the cancellation, I used newly discovered die markers to finally locate one in the wild for 15 times less money! It took a while, as I was up until 2am, but the perseverance paid off. If the coin is gradeable.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Valentines Day to the CU forum!

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

The thrill of the hunt.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Valentine's Day to all !!! <3

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

OK... I 'never minded'... but then curiosity made me open the thread... Glad I did, since 'the rest of the story' indicates you may have done well... Cheers, RickO

• Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 978 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its always more fun to find your own varieties.
    I sometimes find it easier to just pay up to the finder.
    But I never appreciate the ones I buy vs the ones I find in the wild.

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• SoldiSoldi Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 14, 2019 7:00PM

:):) > @Paradisefound said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    My new policy...
    I scored a HARD to find Variety I really needed for my set, added it to registry (I know it was too soon)

Fortunately, after the cancellation, I used newly discovered die markers to finally locate one in the wild for 15 times less money! It took a while, as I was up until 2am, but the perseverance paid off. If the coin is gradeable.

Paradise, if you get any nicer everyone is going to leave the mainland and head to Hawaii :):)

• HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

You owe us all a coke!

• IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco said:

I scored a HARD to find Variety I really needed for my set, ....

I used newly discovered die markers to finally locate one in the wild for 15 times less money! It took a while, as I was up until 2am, but the perseverance paid off. If the coin is gradeable.

You do realize you at least owe us images when it arrives? B)

unus multorum
  • JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Soldi said:
    :):) > @Paradisefound said:

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    My new policy...

Paradise, if you get any nicer everyone is going to leave the mainland and head to Hawaii :):)

What a coincidence - I just booked airfare for a trip to Hawaii later this year. :)

• KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Aspie_Rocco - your perseverance and staying in the hunt, despite the short set back, paid off. Bravo and congratulations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file