Home Precious Metals

So, guess what they paid for two circulated Gold 1 oz Maples? (update)

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
edited January 31, 2019 5:15PM in Precious Metals

I looked around a bit to find a better buyer than the last time. It was a pawn shop I bought them from, and asked for the buyback price. Really nice folks there. I got $1265 each.

Should have gone there in the first place, but I'm not in that area any longer. But I don't mind driving back.

COA

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

I woulda thought you could get at least spot on the BST

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

How and why are so many of your precious metal coins getting 'circulated '?

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Admittedly, I bought a lot over the years at a slightly better price because of their weaker condition, where I should have just got new BU from a reputable place like Apmex.

COA
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

ounce a gold is a ounce of gold. "pretty" is just a bonus.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tneig said:
    Admittedly, I bought a lot over the years at a slightly better price because of their weaker condition, where I should have just got new BU from a reputable place like Apmex.

Well low premium in, low premium out it easy and you don't have to market to a condition buyer. Goodonya.

What sucks is paying high "pretty premium", wasting your precious time shopping them around, then settling for melt.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

Damaged AGE's are just scrap gold IMO and lose all premium over melt value.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,127 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Baley said:

@tneig said:

Well low premium in, low premium out it easy and you don't have to market to a condition buyer. Goodonya.

What sucks is paying high "pretty premium", wasting your precious time shopping them around, then settling for melt.

I get over melt on pretty AGE and Maples. I also do not shop them around so much

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no such thing as a pretty maple. :D

• maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tneig said:
    I looked around a bit to find a better buyer than the last time. It was a pawn shop I bought them from, and asked for the buyback price. Really nice folks there. I got $1265 each.

Should have gone there in the first place, but I'm not in that area any longer. But I don't mind driving back.

Please advise spot at time of sale?

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too bad the buyers of your circ. ASEs weren’t interested in your Maples.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most pawn or antique shops are always above melt....sometimes ridiculously above. In an antique shop here, they have common Morgans priced as if they contained half an ounce of gold. Cheers, RickO

• tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

Haha. Isn't that funny I don't recall the exact spot price but the factor was 4.5%. So calculating back, 1325$.
    Better than the 10% before.

@mapleman said:

@tneig said:

Please advise spot at time of sale?

COA
  • @derryb said:

AGW is all that really matters ... just google plenty jewllers buy bullion just to roll it out and use it.