Home Q & A Forum

1971 Kennedy Half Dollar multiple strike flip error value

ThaTank37ThaTank37 Posts: 7
edited February 11, 2019 2:54AM in Q & A Forum

I have a 1971 Kennedy Half Dollar multiple strike flip error. With the obverse stamped over the reverse of the coin. It is circulated but is still in fair condition. Does anyone know a ball park figure of what this coin would be worth if i were to send it in and get it graded?

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 5:13AM

@ThaTank37 said:
    I have a 1971 Kennedy Half Dollar multiple strike flip error. With the obverse stamped over the reverse of the coin. It is circulated but is still in fair condition. Does anyone know a ball park figure of what this coin would be worth if i were to send it in and get it graded?

Welcome to the forums!

A pic of the coin would be helpful.

Check to see if it is a Mint error or post mint damage (PMD). This website will provide very important information on what are Mint errors. http://www.error-ref.com

What Mint error do you think the Kennedy coin has?

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sharp close images of obv and rev would be appreciated and shall yield comments here. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be a fantastic find or something less interesting. Really need pics, and the experts here will be able to tell you everything about it.

• @Hemispherical said:

@ThaTank37 said:

Welcome to the forums!

A pic of the coin would be helpful.

Check to see if it is a Mint error or post mint damage (PMD). This website will provide very important information on what are Mint errors. http://www.error-ref.com

What Mint error do you think the Kennedy coin has?

Thanks for the link! Very helpful info! According to the definition on the above link the error is a flip over double strike! Pics on the way shortly! Thanks again!

• ThaTank37ThaTank37 Posts: 7
    edited February 12, 2019 5:56PM

The "WE" of in "IN GOD WE TRUST" of the obverse side is visible above the left claw of the eagle on the reverse side of coin

I'm not seeing it on my screen....

You'll get more replies if you post this on the US Coins forum. Not sure what the replies will say, but you'll get lots of feedback.

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I don't see anything !!! :'(

Timbuk3
    edited February 13, 2019 10:57PM

Yeah it's hard to see in these pics. Taking a good picture under magnification is harder than i anticipated! Should have some clearer, more defined pics up shortly

• The "W" of "IN GOD WE TRUST"

I think I see what you are talking about but if it were a double strike I'd expect to see a lot more underlying detail on both sides.

edited February 13, 2019 3:49PM

@JBK said:
    I'm not seeing it on my screen....

The "W" of "IN GOD WE TRUST"

@FredWeinberg or @ErrorsOnCoins would be able to put this thing to bed.