Home U.S. Coin Forum

Well, tomorrow is Lincoln's Birthday, and also my son's

BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

Being that we are snowed in, and have been for awhile (I can still get out and drive around but most of the stores have been closed for the snow, off and on (mostly closed), for the last week, I may just pull out a cent and give it to him...he already knows the connection :wink:

But, at 17 now, I think he wants something else for a present than pocket change.... LOL

Back in his elementary school days, on his birthday, I would take a different type of coin, everywhere, make a self slab label special, include some info of the coin on the back for some, make sure the coin had some significance to him/the year/his classmates/etc, put them in the self slab, and hand them out at his birthday parties or in class.

I recall at least 3 kids becoming interested in coins back then from this. 2 for US coins and 1 for all, including world, coins (her dad traveled as well and she started asking him to bring her coins back from his travels.

This was one of them I did (just a quick job on it, as, when shrunk and printed out on a small coin slab (side of old small anacs holders), small details don't really show. Due to certain folks here, I haven't posted many pics of him and I won't post recent ones, but given this is over 10+ years old, it should be ok

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Comments

• SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

Man that is so cool. I bet he really appreciated your efforts over the years. Happy Bday Bochi Jr.! :star:

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Snowman just announced he is running in 2020.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday to your son!

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you get your son a stovepipe hat for his birthday, or did he grow a fine beard?

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 10:14PM

Happy Birthday to Bochiman Jr <3 I hope you'll get your 1st car tomorrow ;)

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    Happy Birthday to Bochiman Jr <3 I hope you'll get your 1st car tomorrow ;)

He's a bit spoiled.....he got a vehicle last year (at 16). It was becoming too much to continue splitting time in order to get him to school, sport practice, appointments, friends, etc......

So, the car was as much for him as it was for us. He got some freedom and increased responsibility and we got our schedules freed up a bit.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday to your son!

Time goes by quick. Enjoy every moment with your young one!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday to your son Ron.... I like what you did with the cent.... Great idea. Cheers, RickO

• crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes happy birthday to a nice looking lad🎉

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

Thanks.

He's happy....another school "snow day" (we have over 12-16", or more than 2ft in some places) in an area there is usually NO snow during the year. Has his GF over and no school, so his birthday is looking good :)

Me? I'm checking out ebay for some coins and going through some of them we have and trying to decide the "keep or sell" game....

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember day after day of snow storms when I lived up north in Wisconsin and Michigan.
    Retired to North Carolina where I don't have to go anywhere in the rare event of a snowfall greater than an inch or two.
    One thing is for sure, the locals have no clue how to drive in snow...…

Enjoy your snow days and Happy Birthday to your son.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy B-Day Bochiman Jr. :)

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy birthday to your son. Ive been thinkin of how i cant wait for my little guy who isnt even a year yet to get started lol

@ike126 said:
    Happy birthday to your son. Ive been thinkin of how i cant wait for my little guy who isnt even a year yet to get started lol

They grow up so slowly at times and so quickly at others. Enjoy the time you have.

Now, I don't see him too often as he is sleeping, at school, studying, with friends, with his girlfriend, or at basketball practice.
    Will be even less time when he goes to college. Our only child, so we have been able to focus on him and not split time for 2, or more, kids' activities (like I see with some of our friends). Will be a lot of "free" time when that happens.

Until then, the moments I do have with him, are sports and dinner. Sometimes, I call him in and we look at some toned coins (Roosevelts primarily...some ASEs and morgans too though).

Maybe, this summer, I will introduce him to coin picture taking and ebay, to thin some of the herd....

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday to your boy

My nephews Halloween get up in 2016

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy Birthday!

Those slabs sound like fun - good idea. :+1:

You got a lot more snow than we did - roads were clear enough today that I traded the 89 Ford PU for the 74 Beetle. :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.

@Lakesammman said:
    Happy Birthday!

Those slabs sound like fun - good idea. :+1:

You got a lot more snow than we did - roads were clear enough today that I traded the 89 Ford PU for the 74 Beetle. :D

We did. Living "unincorporated" means they don't plow your streets. The below picture is one of my outdoor "lamps"...LED, so no real heat, before the last round of snow the other day.

No more truck? Whatever will I look for when I drive past now? Oh...the Beetle :wink:

And, I have a lot of these slabs left....bought a LOT thinking I would do more with them, but pulled back from my plans.
    If you ever want some, let me know....I have the "normal" sizes....cent, nickel, dime, half dollar, silver dollar, Ike, and SAE sizes I believe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file