Home Sports Talk

New football league who is watching?

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

So I haven't seen any games I guess I was ignoring it but today at the gym a dude was telling me it was pretty good. They just play with very few flags and defenders can smash the QB receivers whatever , he said it was like watching a taped game from 30 years ago with all the hits that would have been flagged now in the NFL but they just play.

Small highlight clip from youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HwGG8AaNbY

Comments

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

What day(s) are the games played?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even know . I dumped cable so I'm not sure I can even see them :/

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 11, 2019 11:02PM

Thanks for the clip. Looks good. At least top 25 college quality. I'll watch!

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow that looks ROUGH! Those QB’s and WR’s are going to get lit up, you watch all the injuries mount up in that league 😳

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you ever been in the grocery store and a little old lady is blocking the aisle because she's looking to
    save 5 cents on a can of soup. You come up on her and try to rattle your cart a little so she'll stand aside and
    let you pass. But no. she has no awareness of her surroundings at all, a grizzly could be running loose in the
    store and she's still going to concentrate on her shopping. So you have to turn your cart around and go back
    from whence you came. Because you're a polite midwestern boy and that's how you were raised.

That's the QB that got hit in the first clip. No awareness of who is occupying his immediate surroundings.
    I suspect he's not going to last long in that league unless he develops a little peripheral vision.

DISCLAIMER FOR BASEBAL21
    In the course of every human endeavor since the dawn of time the risk of human error has always been a factor. Including but not limited to field goals, 4th down attempts, or multiple paragraph ramblings on a sports forum authored by someone who shall remain anonymous.
  • stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some of you sports violence loving bastiges on here would have been good spectators at the Roman Colosseum around 2,000 years ago, watching the gladiators battle each other with swords and spears.

And I mean that in a good way. :D

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

NEVER! I didn't watch USFL and won't watch this. And don't watch Arena either.

• galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭

are the Cowboys in this league?

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    NEVER! I didn't watch USFL and won't watch this. And don't watch Arena either.

I never watched the alternative football leagues either, but the NFL has left me and this looks like real football.

• PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

Haven’t followed or seen