Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

A Million Dollar Chopmarked "Fat Man" Dollar (An eBay Treasure)

If there's one thing I love about eBay, it's the garbage and joke listings. Someone is having a little fun: https://www.ebay.com/itm/China-silver-coin-REPUBLIC-YEAR-3-fat-man-silver-dollar-with-HUAWEI-symbol/233113117097?hash=item36469fe1a9:g:NwsAAOSwk-1cT3b0:rk:33:pf:0.

The propaganda-infused description is particularly nice, especially given the seller's location in Acton, Massachusetts:

China REPUBLIC YEAR 3 China Silver Dollar.

The rare authentic silver dollar bears the Huawei symbol.

Huawei is a Chinese Telecom company whose precious Princess is being hunted down by the Evil Empire as we speak. This coin might worth little to most, but to those concerned, may carry a secret message that can help the 5G Princess struggle with the dark side.

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to bid on it until I saw the price. :(

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Geez !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seller could at least accept offers, make it fun but also make a sale. Funny one.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

That posting tells me they still have opium dens in China.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall