Home Metal Detecting

Made it out to the beach today!

CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
edited February 8, 2019 4:19AM in Metal Detecting

Just to show that everything is not always peaches & cream while out detecting...... I Got out to the beach today. Managed to pull up about $1.00 in change.
** And one bolt. **
photo IMG_20190207_190059632_zpsdaexd5e8.jpg

A really BIG, and HEAVY bolt: photo IMG_20190207_190200870_zps0u7v0ee6.jpg

:D:D:D:D
I'm still laughing! The little bugger rang in on the detector as a penny at 4 inches! After about 8 inches, I figured sure as the sun was shining it would turn out to be a soda/beer can. After about 18 inches, I'm kind of stumped. Finally, at 22 inches, it saw the light of day again!

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35

Comments

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh my, couldn't tell the size of it in your first pic !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Were you on Oak island or what? The bulldozer operator wants his part back. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a Clevis pin from a John Deere. Do they smooth out the beaches at times where you are?

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow... Now that is a BOLT!! :D Down 22 inches....and sinking still I would imagine....Cheers, RickO

• No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭✭✭

You must have long arms!🙂

• CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited February 9, 2019 5:18AM

@pocketpiececommems said:
    Looks like a Clevis pin from a John Deere. Do they smooth out the beaches at times where you are?

I was thinking along the same lines. A Tractor or Loader part. I'm sure there is equipment used to reclaim sand and rework the beach as necessary to keep erosion at bay. It was just the "funny factor" that made me share. And getting that solid signal I got, of a rounded item at depth in wet salt sand, to me is just insane. and it was laying down there in the same positioning as was photographed on the table.

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35

• pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭

Metal Detecting is like fishing in the river. You never know what you're going to catch or in detecting "find".