Home U.S. Coin Forum

How do I get more views and comments?

Flyguy1982Flyguy1982 Posts: 46
edited February 4, 2019 12:07AM in U.S. Coin Forum

New member🤔 I'm trying to figure out "how this community works"?????, I put up a post lets say a hour ago and get 12 views no comments and somebody else post something 20 mins ago and get a few hundred views and lots of comments, I just dont get it.....can someone please explain how this goes ,coin community's can be sometimes tough when your a amateur & lots of people in the community are experts but I'm quite sure they remember when they first started, I'll try this out for a bit before I start getting discouraged...

Best Answers

• Flyguy1982Flyguy1982 Posts: 46

Shoutouts!!! bobsr👍👍👍👍thanks bud

Answers

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think people click on the topics that interest them more than others. I think also to some degree people don't want to render their opinion first.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Thanks,that fairly sounds bout rite ,just didn't know since I was a newbie was I doing something wrong or getting ignored because I was new ,just really didn't know,thanks quite sure you will be the only comment smh lol

• Renman95 sorry didn't see your comment at top lol thanks for the welcome, I'm a Lincoln cent lover guess that's what your asking me lol

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting posts get the most views and comments. Also ones done not in the middle of the night...

edited February 4, 2019 2:31AM

👍

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

In this case, posts on Super Bowl Sunday may have been a factor.

Give it time... you will notice the fluctuation from the various posters from east, mid, west and Pacific; and many others.

Enjoy and welcome!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

If your posts generate discussion, whether positive or negative, you will get comments, agreement, like or, in the case of humor, an LOL...Takes a while to become known also.... as your inputs generate interest, more will view your posts. Cheers, RickO

• Thanks guys, all those were excellent answers ,definitely answered my question 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2019 9:45AM

In general 'Parking lot Penny finds' is A turn off for some would-be responders; unless you show some effort on your part by initially having your Cherry Pickers thumbed thru and research done.
    Happy Collecting!

@Flyguy1982 said:
    Thanks,that fairly sounds bout rite ,just didn't know since I was a newbie was I doing something wrong or getting ignored because I was new ,just really didn't know,thanks quite sure you will be the only comment smh lol

• RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Posts made on Super Bowl Sunday wouldn't get many views unless they were about pizza or invisible cheerleaders. ;)

Try to make your thread title direct. Instead of "What do you think of this?" try "Is this a 1969 doubled die Lincoln?" Another strategy if you're new to coin collecting is to accept the consensus of responses from other members. Hobby message boards like this one are not cut-throat commercial places - they are about shared interests and discovery. Look at posts that have a bunch of responses - 15 or more - and see what makes them "tick."

edited February 4, 2019 11:55AM

Thanks for the positive response and big welcomes from everyone

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see many of your threads are in the Q&A forum.

There are 2.6K comments there vs. 678k here in the US coin forum. That means this forum probably gets 250 times more traffic.

• Didn't mean to put them there dont know how that happened, I definitely went to post on the coin forum but idk thanks

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Start your threads with CAC, or Legend in the title.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I have started threads that seemed relevant or important and they generated very little interest, and sometimes threads take off and develop a life of their own. You can never be sure what will happen.

Two recommendations for any new member:

1) try to avoid posting too many threads asking about coins that are just damaged or otherwise not actual errors. (Another person on the Q&A Forum desperately needs to take this advice). It's OK to want to learn and to ask sincere questions, but once a poster gets a reputation for posting the same sorts of "junk", a lot of members will start ignoring their threads.

2) be a participant yourself in other threads. Comment, give likes/agree/LOLs, etc. If you show up and do so with a good attitude then people will start recognizing your name and might be more willing to help out. A lot of people add things to the Forum in different ways, not just the experts, so don't be afraid to jump in.

• bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Welcome flyguy.
    The expertise here is out of bounds over the top. If you post interesting things, "They will come ! "
    I also am a pennythusiast. I Started last year on an M.S. certified set of Wheat Pennies, and I'm working on a Registry set of Silver Roosevelts.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    Start your threads with CAC, or Legend in the title.

I was gonna say Laura but you summed it up.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Flyguy1982 said:
    Didn't mean to put them there dont know how that happened, I definitely went to post on the coin forum but idk thanks

Lately, mod(s) have been moving threads that are of a Q&A nature to the Q&A forum.

• Oh ok I knew something seemed strange lol👍

@Hemispherical said:

@Flyguy1982 said:
    Didn't mean to put them there dont know how that happened, I definitely went to post on the coin forum but idk thanks

Lately, mod(s) have been moving threads that are of a Q&A nature to the Q&A forum.

Interesting - I did not know that.

So, more advice then....

Try to title your threads so they seem like more than just a simple Q&A. As someone has already said, the Q&A Forum gets much less traffic. If the thread asks a question that is more open-ended and begs for discussion then maybe that will keep it out of the Q&A section (although sometimes Q&A is where we want certain threads ;) ).

So far you have 250 views and 27 comments on this thread - not bad. :p

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you wanted a lot of attention on here you should have gone with flygirl1982 as a username.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • @ JBK yes alot of views&comments now,"be careful what you wish for" lol

• AkbeezAkbeez Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Attention seeker? Try Facebook and use an alt gender ID and show some skin. NirvanaFound should work too!! (Thx for the intro PF)

For real coin questions, WELCOME HERE! You've got great advice so far -- just be cool and upbeat. Humor helps (it's my only attribute). :o

Refs: MCM,Fivecents,Julio,Robman,Endzone,Coiny,Agentjim007,Musky1011,holeinone1972,Tdec1000,Type2,bumanchu, Metalsman,Wondercoin,Pitboss,Tomohawk,carew4me,segoja,thebigeng,jlc_coin,mbogoman,sportsmod,dragon,tychojoe,Schmitz7,claychaser,and many OTHERS

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file