Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Turn Around Times Update?

2»

Comments

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

85 Business days is about 4 months in collectors days,
    so in Quick Summary, if you dont get your sub in the first month of your your respective season
    you wont see before season end.

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fresh off the phone with customer service. 129 card bulk sub on business day 85. Was expedited on 1/15. Says they haven't received a response and is going to be a few more WEEKS!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    a few more WEEKS!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLURAL!!!!!!

I feel your pain.

Andy

• Options
    empigtvempigtv Posts: 58 ✭✭

I’m right around 100 business days. Logged 9/10. I called three weeks ago and they said it would be expidted and completed the following week. Two weeks after that, still nothing. Customer service said any day last week. I’m beginning to wonder if customer service has anyway of actually tracking things, or whether they just place you on hold for a minute or two and then make something up.

• Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

I’m not calling on mine. I’m actually kind of curious now how long they will wait. I already called once to update my credit card as the one I gave had since expired. Maybe if I’m “lucky” I’ll hit a year!

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭
    edited January 30, 2019 3:16AM

@empigtv said:
    I’m right around 100 business days. Logged 9/10. I called three weeks ago and they said it would be expidted and completed the following week. Two weeks after that, still nothing. Customer service said any day last week. I’m beginning to wonder if customer service has anyway of actually tracking things, or whether they just place you on hold for a minute or two and then make something up.

I don’t believe they do. They base level CS people don’t seem to have any ability to accelerate an order or make accurate predictions of when it’ll be complete, which is why it is confusing why so many people call. I guess just to vent.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,569 ✭✭✭✭

CS reps can absolutely see where a sub is in the grading process. The information I’ve been given has always been accurate.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

I'm waiting from 9-18-18
    Also

• Options

@Rttrffg2012 said:
    Received : 8/28
    Logged: 9/18
    Popped: NOT YET

Expedited 3 Wednesday’s ago and still nothing.
    I’m not calling anymore

> **I just hope they take care of me with a free sub or two.

This type of delay is bordering on bait-and-switch type fraud

I don't think they give out free subs for going over the estimated time anymore.

• Options

Thanks everyone for the information as I just finally decided to send my first set of cards into PSA in December. I sent in 8 non sport cards (3 autographed and 5 for grading). I was pretty nervous about sending these cards in, so I was relieved when tracking showed they got the package. I must have checked My Orders 100+ times before it finally showed up there (yes, newbie nervousness) on 12/28. I bet I check this page at least 10 times a day wondering what will happen next.

I since joined as a Platinum member and now have 4 separate orders in to them at this time, including my first bulk order that was received earlier this week. Note that that Bulk order form had 85 days on it. I just acquired some pretty important autographs so I plan on sending in another 25 next week, but I think I'll hold off on my next bulk order until after Star Wars Celebration.

Unlike most of you (assumption on my part), these are all cards for my personal collection and I'm not going to sell them. I would be surprised if I even have gem 10's in my bunch. I guess the way I look at it right now is that my cards are at least safe and secure somewhere and have no chance of being damaged and will eventually find their way back to me even more protected. Other than logging in time for any awards I am in no hurry other than wanting my cards back in my hands.

As a newbie, can someone describe what happens next?
    Do I get an email with a tracking number, or will the My Account line just change to shipped, etc.

I'm looking forward to start getting cards back and starting upon the PSA journey.

• Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭

I piggybacked on a bulk sub. Logged 9/11 and popped 1/30. Basically 5 months from when the sub was sent until the grades popped. Sub wasn't very good, just reinforces that I should buy the cards I want already graded.

Robb

• Options

I got Plenty of 10s up, lol

@fergie23 said:
    I piggybacked on a bulk sub. Logged 9/11 and popped 1/30. Basically 5 months from when the sub was sent until the grades popped. Sub wasn't very good, just reinforces that I should buy the cards I want already graded.

Robb

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
  • Options

Bulk order Logged on 9/14.....nothing yet. And to think I was hoping to get them by Christmas

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

@MikeHansen said:
    Thanks everyone for the information as I just finally decided to send my first set of cards into PSA in December. I sent in 8 non sport cards (3 autographed and 5 for grading). I was pretty nervous about sending these cards in, so I was relieved when tracking showed they got the package. I must have checked My Orders 100+ times before it finally showed up there (yes, newbie nervousness) on 12/28. I bet I check this page at least 10 times a day wondering what will happen next.

I since joined as a Platinum member and now have 4 separate orders in to them at this time, including my first bulk order that was received earlier this week. Note that that Bulk order form had 85 days on it. I just acquired some pretty important autographs so I plan on sending in another 25 next week, but I think I'll hold off on my next bulk order until after Star Wars Celebration.

Unlike most of you (assumption on my part), these are all cards for my personal collection and I'm not going to sell them. I would be surprised if I even have gem 10's in my bunch. I guess the way I look at it right now is that my cards are at least safe and secure somewhere and have no chance of being damaged and will eventually find their way back to me even more protected. Other than logging in time for any awards I am in no hurry other than wanting my cards back in my hands.

As a newbie, can someone describe what happens next?
    Do I get an email with a tracking number, or will the My Account line just change to shipped, etc.

I'm looking forward to start getting cards back and starting upon the PSA journey.

You'll get an e-mail saying your order popped. Once it's shipped, there is also a tracking number so you can track the package. They send packages back signature confirmation, so you'll need to be around to sign for it so keep an eye on the tracking.

• Options
    BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm doing a reholder sub, Received on 1-25 after the post office lost my package for a few days which PSA should have received my cards on 1-22. I still do not have loggage. I know they were fantastic with logging times and popping orders out right before the National, but now it's at a crawl again. It's frustrating if you're someone who likes to flip or sell because the time window of a player in this business is so small for you to make a profit.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 597 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 8:18AM

Before anyone construes this as negativity-- its a genuine business series of questions . I am choosing PSARICH's post merely because his eloquence nails the situation quite succinctly. i do however have questions I'd love to have answered in a business context.

These changes to time out barely affect their top dealers. Its killing smaller dealers. When subbing stuff ahead of time and planning for it its easy. Change something midstream-- and its a dagger to a small business toeing the line on profits.

@PSARich said:
    However, incoming submissions have continued to also increase at historic rates. At issue is a company experiencing a high rate of success but its business model does not allow it to just hire more people to quickly solve the problem of increased incoming vs. outgoing submissions. PSA has never experienced a growth curve like it has in the last couple years. I have known Joe Orlando for many years and he has always been upfront and honest. When he says they are making a great effort to increase productivity I believe him. He is very aware that PSA customers desire quicker turn around times for their submissions.

They've had EIGHT YEARS to address this issue. When BGS imploded in 2010 they saw historic increases- what led them to believe with BGS floundering thru 2012 forward it would abate at any time? They knew SGC didn't have the business capability to even step in. Their main competitor tanks and the response is not to plan properly for massive increases to continue ???

I've never had the pleasure of speaking with any senior PSA folks. Next time you speak with Joe or Steve- would love to hear their response to my question.

In order to maintain the integrity of their product PSA must continue to invest in the training of highly qualified graders as well as the other employees involved in the process. This takes time if done correctly

Again- 8 years to figure this one out also

PSA provides a unique service and I think most would agree a quality product. I, like most of you, desire a much faster turn around time, but not at the cost of an inferior product. Therefore I try to be patient. As long as I can see that PSA has safely received my submissions and then logged them in at a later date, I know the order will be completed.

I'm aware of the wait. Like others- waking up to a 20 business day change in wait time with NO formal notice at all speaks of backroom business decisions once again poorly managed- see above two comments. I'd comment further on this but it would prefer those comments be directed to senior management in a more private setting rather than expressing any type of sour grapes publicly

• Options

On a positive note, I sent 3 submissions(in the same box) last week that was received on 1/25. They were all logged last night. Appears the login time is better. Now if we can just work on those turnaround times!!

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a bulk order received August 2018, logged Sept. 20, 2018, and is into February and counting. Will see if it eventually beats my previous wait time record of 104 business days...

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do these delays also extend to the pack grading times?

Mike
  • Options
    MeferMefer Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    Do these delays also extend to the pack grading times?

I can’t say for sure but with my bulk subs that were logged on 9-18, I also had pack grading subs logged on that date. They long since popped.

• Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

@lightningboy said:
    2 subs logged 12/12 logged in 5 days actually.
    bulk sub 252 cards popped 12/31
    cc renewal 6 cards still waiting..... hmmmm over the time now too.

Hi, just curious if your bulk order of 252 was all the same type of cards (i.e modern soports/vintage sports/non sports).

it was all modern but different brands like chrome, heritage, and mix of years of modern

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options

ok,
    i got 9/27 and 10/18, hopping for some news soon

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭✭✭

9/13 still waiting

Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options

@olb31 said:
    9/13 still waiting

Posted the grades yesterday. Lots of 8's. I did get 14 10's. I guess the best ones were 1994 Finest Refractor Frank Thomas PSA 10, 2003 Anquan Boldin contenders preview auto /25 psa 10.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

Express seems to work for me. Received 1/22. logged 1/25, grades popped 2/7. Nine business days. Thanks.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

@mexpo75 said:
    Express seems to work for me. Received 1/22. logged 1/25, grades popped 2/7. Nine business days. Thanks.

It seems very silly to me to extol the virtues of the $75 per card service level, when most people here are submitting low dollar commons and personal collection cards.

• Options

Very true for a $5 or $10 card, but if you are sending in a raw $400 or higher card makes sense to me, since I do not want to wait so long.

PackManInNC
  • Options

@swish54 said:

You'll get an e-mail saying your order popped. Once it's shipped, there is also a tracking number so you can track the package. They send packages back signature confirmation, so you'll need to be around to sign for it so keep an eye on the tracking.

Thank you swish54. I received my very first order - 3 unsigned cards that took just over 30 days (received 1/2/2019 Shipped 2/4/2019). :) I've got 5 more orders into them at this point so I'm just curious which will be the next one to ship out. Now I've seen how it all works, so there's a lot less anxiety.

• Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

BGS grading is now closing in on estimate of ONE YEAR for the non guaranteed turnaround. They are so backlogged that they are no longer accepting BGS membership applications at this time. The whole process has gotten silly from a standpoint of turnaround times. It begs to question, why has someone not stepped up and started a realistic TPG business?

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • Options

I think from now on unless there is an absolutely perfect raw card, I'm buying it already graded. I will not wait 5-6 months for a grade. I know they are really trying to speed it up, but I am over 65 now...

PackManInNC
  • Options

@mexpo75 said:
    I think from now on unless there is an absolutely perfect raw card, I'm buying it already graded. I will not wait 5-6 months for a grade. I know they are really trying to speed it up, but I am over 65 now...

I've noticed that I have been selling a few more graded card than I used to. I was wondering if this is playing a factor. Also, using that thought process, how does this effect 4SC?

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

My bulk sub from 9/18 popped yesterday. only took 101 days.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

My first submission of 71T was a reality check for me. I decided I would focus on buying already graded rather than submitting myself. That was over a year ago when turn around time didn't seem as bad. It would be exciting to sub my own cards and get something higher than an 8 on a 71T, but I'm not sure it is worth the time and effort at this point.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

2020 is right around the corner........

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭

My last sub was logged over 2 months ago. I am hoping to hear something in another 3 months.

• Options

Card grading turnaround is just flat-out slow due to the big-3 not growing their side of the business. Usually when any business grows, so does the staff handling the work to keep customer service high. But this has not happened because all collectors have only a few graders to send to, and they know it.

• Options
    KyndbrothaKyndbrotha Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Received 4/17. Still waiting on 70 day est. How’s everyone else’s wait time?

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

My CC renewal submission was received 9/12 and shipped out on 10/2. I have a few 500 card subs that went through the grading room pretty quickly but are stuck in QA. One has been stuck at QA2 for over a week now.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

My 25 day sub hit 25 business days yesterday, I’m thinking another week or so before it pops?

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@Goaltender said:
    Card grading turnaround is just flat-out slow due to the big-3 not growing their side of the business. Usually when any business grows, so does the staff handling the work to keep customer service high. But this has not happened because all collectors have only a few graders to send to, and they know it.

Welcome to the forum

• Options
    edited October 9, 2019 8:14AM

I'm over 100 days on a bulk order. Received by PSA on 5/7. My order was in grading when the pizza tracker came online. It's now been in assembly since 10/1.

I can sort of understand graders getting backed up. However, once you make it to assembly, it sure seems like they could prioritize old orders. Given that lots of folks are reporting 20-30 day turnaround on bulk orders, it's clear they do not bother to push the delayed orders through faster.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too am surprised the cycle time for assembly and error checking is so long. Grading I can understand since it's a specialized skillset. However, you don't need any specialized expertise to operate a slabbing machine or check labels for errors. Even if they need general sportscard knowledge, that's a larger pool of candidates than people who can spot alterations on memorabilia.

• Options
    KyndbrothaKyndbrotha Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

Mine finally popped today. 117 days on a 70 day est. turn around. For all those who will be submitting for the first time, note that this was for 1 pack total so urgency likely won’t be there unless you really pay to play.

• Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 10, 2019 6:48PM

@Kyndbrotha said:
    Received 4/17. Still waiting on 70 day est. How’s everyone else’s wait time?

Well, I think that means that you were in line longer than the red flip auto group sub that is still pending!

• Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭

My last 25 day took 47 days. I have a large one ready to go in but I won’t get it back til March the way it’s going

• Options

I'm up to 105 business days and still at assembly where I have been since 10/1. My order was received by PSA on 5/7. If you don't count the national, that's 110 business days, or more than six months in total time. My order is mostly 70s basketball, and nothing exotic. Does anyone else having anything more delayed? Calling PSA does not seem to have any effect on these super delayed orders.

• Options
    Bear48Bear48 Posts: 239 ✭✭✭

Dual Grading, 40-day service - submitted June 26, 2019. Currently at "Grading" stage.

• Options
    bcubsbcubs Posts: 344 ✭✭✭

I have a bulk order from 7/11 in QA check 1 for a week and another bulk from 10/7 in assembly as well as several in between at various stages. No rhyme or reason. Love the new ability to view the stages of the grading process.

Appreciate today-

Bill