Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Turn Around Times Update?

I have two bulk orders that were logged September 18th. The turn four months old tomorrow. Anyone else coming this close or exceeding that time? I’d like to think they are close to popping. Thanks in advance!

Matt

Comments

• Options

Day 112 for me. I'm beginning to think they just like looking at my cards

• Options

I'm not sure what business day I'm on; but after the received date the letters BC are there. LOL.

• Options
    spanky74spanky74 Posts: 240 ✭✭✭

65 Day received on 10/11/18...popped 1/14/19

• Options
    TomiTomi Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

10 day sub on November and still nothing.

• Options

I just got off the phone with customer service. They told me that one of my slabs emerged from its burrow, saw its shadow and got scared. Looks like six more weeks of gradeless days ahead 😂

• Options
    PSARichPSARich Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

Just had a re-holder order completed today. Took about 70 days.

• Options

Thank you Galaxy 27. That's pure awesomeness.

One like for you!!

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

@PSARich said:

I have a reholder on business day 78 and counting. I thought I was the only one! :)

• Options
    empigtvempigtv Posts: 58 ✭✭

Order logged 9/10. Still waiting.

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

Order logged 9/18. Still nothing.

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use express

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are the cc subs being processed timely? I haven't submitted in a while and just sent in my 15 card order in early Jan.

Are these delays with the bulk rate?

Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ndleo said:
    Are the cc subs being processed timely? I haven't submitted in a while and just sent in my 15 card order in early Jan.

My experience from last National - I submitted my club cards.

Fastest done - a card I wanted re-evaluated for an NQ

Next fastest - cards for straight grade

Slowest - card company autographed cards

I requested they be shipped together.

Take home: given at National (Aug) and shipped 11/1/18.

Thought that was a bit long but heck - it wasn't like I was waiting for kidney or anything?

Mike
  • Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 6:03PM

@ndleo said:

My CC renewal sub took 24 business days. I think @Dpeck100 ‘s took more like 35.

• Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭

I've had a bulk order at PSA on October 26th and I just called not too long ago and they said that most 65 day bulk order were taking an additional few weeks to get done (approx). I have no idea if that is accurate but customer service said that it was more like 75 business days. For what it is worth.

BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 17, 2019 7:30PM

My most recent order to make it to completion took 104 business days, 136 calendar days. Longest one still currently pending for me at this point was sent in during August, logged 9/20, still waiting.

• Options

I think it is fair to say (and I did talk with Joe Orlando about this issue) that PSA has hired and trained many additional staff and the volume of outgoing completed submissions has increased considerably over the past year. However, incoming submissions have continued to also increase at historic rates. At issue is a company experiencing a high rate of success but its business model does not allow it to just hire more people to quickly solve the problem of increased incoming vs. outgoing submissions. In order to maintain the integrity of their product PSA must continue to invest in the training of highly qualified graders as well as the other employees involved in the process. This takes time if done correctly. PSA provides a unique service and I think most would agree a quality product. I, like most of you, desire a much faster turn around time, but not at the cost of an inferior product. Therefore I try to be patient. As long as I can see that PSA has safely received my submissions and then logged them in at a later date, I know the order will be completed. PSA has never experienced a growth curve like it has in the last couple years. I have known Joe Orlando for many years and he has always been upfront and honest. When he says they are making a great effort to increase productivity I believe him. He is very aware that PSA customers desire quicker turn around times for their submissions.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Waiting on a bulk sub that logged 9/25 so I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Had called last week and they said it would be done this week. Called last night and they said they had it expedited on 1/15 but hadn't been located in the system. She explained that it wasn't lost, that team just had to get it pulled. Guessing same for many orders. She also stated that bulk orders are taking about 85-90 business days right now and that they "will probably be changing the time frame soon to reflect that".
    I would like to see some type of update as we provided by Joe before....or at least by someone. Just to let us know....."Hey, we know things are slow but we haven't forgotten about you. This is what we are doing."

Sincerely,
    WaitingpatientlyinIllinois

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

With dealing with customer service you need to be prepared to service the customers as noted.
    This has become an issue with psa that they seem to ignore.
    It’s just like going to the grocery store which increased in business and do nothing to add help to take care of customers.I am sure there are many very smart and knowledgeable collectors that would love the oppurtunity to be a grader even if on part time basis and open locations spread through the country.
    I am tired of excuses that can be solved.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    firedawg45firedawg45 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

2 subs logged 12/12 logged in 5 days actually.
    bulk sub 252 cards popped 12/31
    cc renewal 6 cards still waiting..... hmmmm over the time now too.

# 2 Pete Rose Master Set , also
    collecting 1977 topps baseball in psa 9 and psa 10
  • Options
    jeffv96mastersjeffv96masters Posts: 595 ✭✭✭✭

Take what you wish from the below info. To me appears older priced stuff is in limbo / set aside while the new price is prioritized. The two small subs were 10 and 15 day subs that took 3 times the length

JEFF

• Options

@MrHockey said:

@PSARich said:

I have a reholder on business day 78 and counting. I thought I was the only one! :)

Popped today on day 80.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone on another site just mentioned yesterday that PSA changed their bulk turnaround from 65 to 85 business days and on regular submissions from 15 to 25 business days. Was this is a January 1st switch or something in the last few days?

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

I think Jeff has figured it out,,,,, hers my Order Summary

@jeffv96masters said:
    Take what you wish from the below info. To me appears older priced stuff is in limbo / set aside while the new price is prioritized. The two small subs were 10 and 15 day subs that took 3 times the length

JEFF

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options

@erikthredd said:
    Someone on another site just mentioned yesterday that PSA changed their bulk turnaround from 65 to 85 business days and on regular submissions from 15 to 25 business days. Was this is a January 1st switch or something in the last few days?

That was probably me. It appears it was just this week.

• Options
    rcmb3220rcmb3220 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭✭

I have five or six cards that I’m holding off sending in on a group sub because of wait times, so at least I’m not adding to the problem. You are all welcome.

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

@erikthredd said:

How does this happen with no notification?

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

@shagrotn77 said:

@erikthredd said:

How does this happen with no notification?

Not exactly sure. I haven't subbed anything in quite awhile so I thought it was just something I missed,luckily someone caught it and pointed it out.

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

__

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

2 subs logged 12/12 logged in 5 days actually.
    bulk sub 252 cards popped 12/31
    cc renewal 6 cards still waiting..... hmmmm over the time now too.

Hi, just curious if your bulk order of 252 was all the same type of cards (i.e modern soports/vintage sports/non sports).

• Options

My bulk logged 9/13 is still outstanding. Each call I make to CS mentions that they see in their system, that they issued an expediate request but are not sure why it hasn't been acted upon.

I can tell when I call when subs are getting close to popping, because the CS rep can easily find information on the sub and tells me to give it few more days. But for those subs that haven't even been touched, it seems it takes a while for the CS rep to find information on it.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Wow, just thinking about peeps who got logged before football season started and are still waiting. Pretty ridiculous!!

• Options
    BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

I'm relatively new to this, I had only sent in 2 subs, one was the 15 free vouchers that are included with your membership and the other was 100 card bulk sub.
    The 15 cards took 20 calendar day from log to pop and the 100 bulk was logged September 6 and just popped, and still in transit here, 140 calendar days after being logged.
    I actually just got home from FedEx shipping off another bulk package of 398 cards. I dont expect to see them again until late June 😞

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options

Just got my CC membership submissions (15) posted yesterday. Took about 23 business days from log in. No complaints.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

I sent in my new membership sub and they entered it on December 21 that’s 35days ago.when I called they said it was only 23 working days .Come on let’s get the b...s...t out of the business
    Psa and hire some help instead of spending all you money in Japan.

Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    TheThrill22TheThrill22 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

What other business can be managed so poorly on a consistent basis on the front end (fully paid for by the customer) and then when the product is finally received by the customer, there is zero explanation as to how the determination of the grade was deduced? The only recourse if the customer doesn't agree? Yep...pay for the entire process all over again.

• Options

@fiveniner said:
    I sent in my new membership sub and they entered it on December 21 that’s 35days ago.when I called they said it was only 23 working days .Come on let’s get the b...s...t out of the business

They are right. Only business days count here - no weekends or holidays.

• Options

@MrHockey said:

@fiveniner said:

I hate having to do the math!!

• Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@MrHockey said:

@fiveniner said:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
    Just hit the link that says workdays only.

• Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

Likely wishful thinking here, but is there any correlation to when the "Order Status" green bar thing on the My Membership page stops showing your last (delivered) sub and starts showing status on your next (yet to be graded) sub? Or does the delivered sub just sunset after a set length of time?

Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    edited January 25, 2019 2:41PM

@54topps said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@MrHockey said:

@fiveniner said:

https://www.timeanddate.com/date/duration.html
    Just hit the link that says workdays only.

I use this too!

timeanddate.com/date/workdays.html

• Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭

I think I go to that website more than Google these days.

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

My personal experience is that they have gotten better. My latest received 12/28 shipped on 1/25. About 20 business days. It was one card regular service. That was before going from 15 days to 25 days.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

WAHAHAHAHAH!!!

@Mefer said:

I think I’ve found out where my bulk orders from September 18th are stored.... :)

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options

@ElvisP said:
    Wow, just thinking about peeps who got logged before football season started and are still waiting. Pretty ridiculous!!

Hand raised! I took a gamble on a rookie and sent in 10 of the same card hoping to sell them off as the season progressed. Now I am forced to wait till next season.

• Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭✭✭

1) It's great that the hobby is expanding. I think it helps the collector, the investor and the collector/investor. But the current drag on grading times for both Beckett and PSA, really sucks. I thought waiting 45 business days was way too long to start with, when I first started sending cards in. But now it's double that. And like the person right above me said, "I took a gamble on a rookie and sent in 10 of the same card hoping to sell them off as the season progressed. Now I am forced to wait till next season.". So now you can't even buy the hot rookies within the same season. This hurts the whole hobby.

2) I guess the visabilty of having more locations helps some. But I doubt, that the main business model is drop offs. Maybe focusing on the business model at hand would free up resources to get back to the 45 days wait. Spending time, money and resources to open more locations for a business that does most of its commerce through the mail (UPS, etc), seems off the track to the mission. If wait times were at most 25 days, then maybe opening other locations makes sense, but if you can't handle the current load should you throw another 100lb plate on the bar?

Work hard and you will succeed!!