Home Precious Metals

There is about $1000 FV of 90% for sale on the BST

cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2, 2019 6:26PM in Precious Metals

I gotta tell ya....that kinda gives me warm and fuzzies.

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

Comments

• ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    edited February 2, 2019 6:48PM

I backed the truck up last year with coin exchange @120 to 117 a roll on franklins and Kennedy halfs with the 10% off eBay bucks or just 15% off.... $110 to $103 a roll seemed good. Guess I have a thing for halves, dimes and quarters were even better.

Not as good as $55 back in the day but it's not back in the day. The grand kids may have nearly full Waltham blue folder albums in THE GREAT SEARCH.

Hard to beat coin silver without the premium lMO.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

you can't say why they are selling

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

everything is for sale, at the right price.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited February 3, 2019 2:44AM

Drop it some more, I'll average down. Like any market seems most sell when they should hold/buy . Silver will/is a stragic metal IMO. From solar panels to LCD displays it's uses are strong. Its not just for photography anymore.

storage in a SDB can be an issue compared to gold or digital dollars in the bank which I've collected all my life as well. Many come in thinking home run instead of long ball. It goes right and the kids have an asset in a few decades,after all some of what I purchased was for them anyway , we spread it around😳.

I use it in our family as collateral for loans (not so much anymore). A Teaching tool when they need a loan, seems they never quite get it back in a timely manner with no incentive . This way they have an escape when they brought the million watt car stereo and are broke when that pessty transmission goes south😂 Life🤦🏻‍♀️

The smaller units like coin silver or ASE rolls, they can get some back as they pay the loan back. Anything not purchased in a year is mine and price will be adjusted if they want it back.

They've been getting this as gifts all their lives and can see the benefit within our family with a lot less fighting helping one another out.

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just shipped out $340. FV. Now, make that about $650 worth on the BST.
    If you want to do some searching or start a collection, of dimes , quarters or halves , I could help you. In the mean time, I thought warm fuzzies was that stuff that got in your naval, from sitting around.

• VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TwoSides2aCoin said:
    I just shipped out $340. FV. Now, make that about $650 worth on the BST.
    If you want to do some searching or start a collection, of dimes , quarters or halves , I could help you. In the mean time, I thought warm fuzzies was that stuff that got in your naval, from sitting around.

Warm fuzzies are a strong emotional feeling of comfort or trust that all is well.

Kind of the opposite of what you should feel realizing our Federal Gov't is spending $2,000,000 a minute it doesn't have while our economy is purportedly roaring.

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warm fuzzies are a strong emotional feeling of comfort or trust that all is well.

All......as in all that you can control. Life is much less worrisome or strenuous when we stop trying to save the world.

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look forward to selling at $33+ again.
    GLTA

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cohodk said:

All......as in all that you can control. Life is much less worrisome or strenuous when we stop trying to save the world.

I'm not worried, I'm concerned. Since we can't control 99.99% of what happens in the world perhaps we should all stick our heads in the sand and keep our rear ends in the air.

edited February 3, 2019 1:28PM

Warm and fuzzy to me is living within or under your means and really don't care the direction of market(s), those that can assess changes in the global temperament will do the best. Working for your excessive lifestyle crap gets old, doing what and when you want is a good thing. JMO🙄

Hey, my generation invented warm fuzzies right before the peace, love and dope generation in the Nam era.

@VanHalen said:

@cohodk said:

I'm not worried, I'm concerned. Since we can't control 99.99% of what happens in the world perhaps we should all stick our heads in the sand and keep our rear ends in the air.

Its probably closer to 99.99999999999999999999999999999993%

Sticking your head in the sand means you cant control what uou can control.

Opportunities are endless. However , as cohodk alluded to: one must have his head out of the sand and take control of what he will.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

We must control what is in our domain....Our finances, family, home and possessions. We can also contribute to larger issues by offering support and involvement. Or, one can just withdraw and live in a nice, secure little bubble... ;) How boring, until reality knocks hard.... Cheers, RickO

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought over 650 face in the shop this week. which is highly unusual. Was only able to sell about 50-60 face in the store, had to ship the rest out.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jdimmick said:
    I bought over 650 face in the shop this week. which is highly unusual. Was only able to sell about 50-60 face in the store, had to ship the rest out.

What's an average amount?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

@jdimmick said:

I like that too. As I see silver still sits available on board. Apathy and despair. Sweet!!

@cohodk said:

@jdimmick said:

I like that too. As I see silver still sits available on board. Apathy and despair. Sweet!!

Ah, the good old days of apathy and despair. That trend change wasnt hard to spot. No manipulation or conspiracy need, just a little knowledge and understanding of market relativity and investor psychology.

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

yep, you are the greatest. lol

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

edited July 31, 2020 11:12AM

@derryb said:
    yep, you are the greatest. lol

You betcha!! <3.

• chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

forget the world....i have my hands full just trying to control my own tongue