Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Please show me your "Monster" toned coin. I want to know what each of you think is a "Monster".

13»

Comments

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AuroraBorealis Wayne, I save the pics of the "Moose" from the Legend sale when you purchased. Do you still own it? May I post the pics?

• Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    @AuroraBorealis Wayne, I save the pics of the "Moose" from the Legend sale when you purchased. Do you still own it? May I post the pics?

Absolutely.... Yes i still own it and if you like here is the new cert #35923065 as I have had new pics done that I believe are a tad nicer(brighter) that you can use if you like...

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

RE: "He's missing his feathers."

Maybe he's a BFM = Before Feathered Monsters.

[Evidence states that Allosauroids, as above, where probably scaly and lacked feathers. Feathers are also a trait only Coelurosaurs have, including Tyrannosaurus Rex.]

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,752 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Sunnywood/Simpson 81-S Morgan hits monster in my book. What a cool coin.

• Options
    duck620duck620 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

• Options
    duck620duck620 Posts: 949 ✭✭✭

• Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not sure if this one qualify's as a "Monster." Not too many have the color this one does:

photo Mark Goodman alabama combo blk background.jpg

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    @AuroraBorealis You have many I would consider "Monsters" but this one has always held a special place for me. Color AND 68+ surfaces. All hail "The Moose". B)

Legend Photos

Now that is a Moose, which is better than a monster

• Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭

@Ezmoney said:

Ezmoney that is a Moose also, you need a good picture of Lemon drop.

• Options
    ronctxronctx Posts: 106 ✭✭✭

@TONEDDOLLARS said:

So, your saying it's a Moose Monster?

• Options
    NicNic Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TONEDDOLLARS said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    @AuroraBorealis You have many I would consider "Monsters" but this one has always held a special place for me. Color AND 68+ surfaces. All hail "The Moose". B)

Legend Photos

She is both and I agree.

Not all moose have monster color. Nor should they. -)

• Options
    KyleKyle Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pwrnapper said:
    This is my first "high-end" coin (over $1,000) that I won at a Legend Regency auction years ago. I've collected plenty of higher-end Morgans since then and now my collection is exclusively filled with them, mostly proofs and Carsons, plenty of DMPLs too. The second coin is an example of some of the proofs I own and the last coin is one of my favorite DMPLs. I cherish everyone of these coins and hope my kids will someday too and not just dump them with some dealer.

What is the grade on the 88-O?

Successful BST Transactions With: tonedase, streg2, airplanenut, coindeuce, vibr0nic, natetrook, Shrub68, golden, Lakesammman, drddm, Ilikecolor, CoinJunkie, wondercoin, lablover
  • Options
    CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

That Trump photo is definitely juiced. Hater!

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ponderit said:
    How about Twin Toners?... I got these a couple of years ago from a fellow forum member who's near and dear to our hearts... anyone care to take a guess?

No need to guess.. the more surprising thing is that he actually sold those!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    ponderitponderit Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

@clarkbar04 said:

@ponderit said:
    How about Twin Toners?... I got these a couple of years ago from a fellow forum member who's near and dear to our hearts... anyone care to take a guess?

No need to guess.. the more surprising thing is that he actually sold those!

Joe is a good friend,,, and I had to beg him a little :)

Successful BST transactions with Rob41281, crazyhounddog, Commoncents, CarlWohlford, blu62vette, Manofcoins, Monstarcoins, coinlietenant, iconbuster, RWW,Nolawyer, NewParadigm, Flatwoods, papabear, Yellowkid, Ankur, Pccoins, tlake22, drddm, Connecticoin, Cladiator, lkeigwin, pursuitofliberty
  • Options
    endzeitendzeit Posts: 17 ✭✭

WOW! They are all beautiful! I have a few other toned coins but this came to mind first for some reason. It is a solid silver Mardi Gras doubloon, for the "special people" ,down here during MardiGras the people that are the kings and queens of different parades are actually treated like royalty, there is always a ball for the many parades, some larger and very extravagant, some not so much.
    BACCHUS is a serious ball and parade. It is difficult to get a really good pic in the flip, the toning is even all the way around, from dark blue purple to everything else. Here is one of several that I own.

• Options
    cointimecointime Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think this one is close, at least for me ;)

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here are a few

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file