Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

1935-A silver certificate in great condition any value, serial number?

What do you think i am trying to learn?

Brian k.

Best Answers

Answers

• Awesome cuz I let it sit on my coffee table and my dam dog chewed one of the corners off does dog slobber make it worth anymore lol. Thank you

Brian k.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭

SN shows it was the first note in the pack, those usually get handled

• i heard the bills in 1935A series in the X A block were mules, or experimental does anyone have any info on this, let me know if im wrong but ive been researching forever

Brian k.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Screeb741 said:
    i heard the bills in 1935A series in the X A block were mules, or experimental does anyone have any info on this, let me know if im wrong but ive been researching forever

Click on this webpage and scroll down to the bottom where the Experimentals are explained.

http://www.uspapermoney.info/serials/all___s.html

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

What is the plate number on the back? It is at the lower right.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.

Brian k.

• Well it said x a was the control group so same as the rest of the Bill's but still part of trials

Brian k.

• Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Screeb741 said:
    Well it said x a was the control group so same as the rest of the Bill's but still part of trials

The experimental $1 Silver Certificates using serial number blocks X-B, Y-B and Z-B were series 1928A and 1928B. The next batch of experimental $1 Silver Certificates was series 1935, blocks A-B, B-B and C-B. Unfortunately the OPs note doesn’t fall into either one of these two experimental trials.

• synchrsynchr Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 1, 2019 8:08AM

@Screeb741 said:
    Well it said x a was the control group so same as the rest of the Bill's but still part of trials

Where did it say XA was the Control ?

• SmallSizedGuySmallSizedGuy Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

@Screeb741 said:

Not a mule. To be a mule, the back plate would need to be 929 or less.

Jim Hodgson

Collector of US Small Size currency, Atlanta FRNs, and Georgia nationals since 1977. Researcher of small size US type - seeking serial number data for all FRN star notes, Series 1928 to 1934-D. Life member SPMC.