Home Precious Metals
Options

Large gold theft in Philadelphia. Mostly French Napoleon III 20 Francs

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,597 ✭✭✭✭✭
Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, UPS failed on that one.

bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a pretty good haul... 586 of the 20 franc coins. An inside job... surely in this day and age there is video surveillance everywhere??

----- kj
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think there must be some evidence available... between tracking and camera surveillance it should narrow down the time and personnel presence. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

OMG, how terrible !!! :'(

Timbuk3
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2019 11:20PM

@ricko said:
    I would think there must be some evidence available... between tracking and camera surveillance it should narrow down the time and personnel presence. Cheers, RickO

not unless they have the accountability chain that makes registered mail the best way to ship high dollar items. UPS employees likely know how to beat their own security measures. If it is a one time theft by the individual and he is smart with disposal he will likely not get caught. However, greed or further stupidity will do him in.

Are they really this stupid, or are they destroying the dollar on purpose?

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the extreme focus on Napoleon 3 coins I think we are looking for A Prussian

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,491 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:

With the extreme focus on Napoleon 3 coins I think we are looking for A Prussian

…...or a Gypsy. :o;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.