Home U.S. Coin Forum

Anyone buy from Rick's TV coins

bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

Saw Rick on CNBC ,hawking 1893 NGC 62 Liberty $ 20 coins , saying he bought a bag of the 1893P s,,,,, is he legit

Comments

• TopoftheHillTopoftheHill Posts: 180 ✭✭✭

I saw that infomercial as I was thumbing through channels this afternoon.

My answer would be "Who cares?" Ampex has a PCGS 62 Liberty $20 gold (I found on collectors.com) for only $1468.14....and I know them to be legit. So why bother with some TV hawker at a higher price?

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

A quick search of eBay will likely find much lower prices. I do enjoy his commentary though.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomaska drives me nuts.....way too slow to get to the price....shows ebay "for sale" and touts them as real deals. He does show ebay solds but who knows why he picked those particular solds? A quick search of ebay BIN's for same items in same plastic will yield you much better results.

bob :)
    PS: is entertaining for about 3 minutes most times.

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Pittstate03Pittstate03 Posts: 117 ✭✭✭

IMO Rick and Jack are legit as coin dealers. However I only have expirience from the selling side. They have purchased several coins from me in the last few years. They buy quality coins and pay strong prices to get them.
    I think they have a large clientele who pays them to buy quality merchandise.
    They have been around a long time and have outlasted some of their previous business partners.

• cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭

@Pittstate03 said:
    IMO Rick and Jack are legit as coin dealers. However I only have expirience from the selling side. They have purchased several coins from me in the last few years. They buy quality coins and pay strong prices to get them.
    I think they have a large clientele who pays them to buy quality merchandise.
    They have been around a long time and have outlasted some of their previous business partners.

ditto

<a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,284 ✭✭✭✭✭

That @ricko gets out and about everywhere ;)

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file