Home Precious Metals

What about Litecoin?

DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 12, 2017 8:26AM in Precious Metals

Up ~4-5.5x in the past few days depending on where you look. Anybody dabbling? With BTC so high I imagine the 'smaller fish' entry points are going to keep getting legs under them...

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,237 ✭✭✭

Lots of long legs still left in LTC. Think "Litecoin: THE global micropayment cryptocurrency".
    Easy a grand+ next year.

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • I got in Litecoin less than a week ago, when it was around $128. Last time I looked this morning, it was at $375. My $444 that I put in is now at $1115.00

• dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought some Litecoin in October.

• BeeManBeeMan Posts: 361 ✭✭✭

I bought one litecoin last weekend just for fun to see what happens. I also threw $100 at bitcoin and now have 0.0062 bitcoin! Lol. No big loss if it disappears.

Watch the mirror count the lines
    The battle scars of all the good times
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bumping this just because I was looking at some old threads.

LTC: $32.56, talk about a 1 yr drop!

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,110 ✭✭✭✭✭

stick with silvercoin

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 10, 2019 11:29AM

I was looking at the main bitcoin thread postings from late 2017, fun and instructive reading about the symptoms of crowd mania and FOMO-- as well as quite a few voices of reason.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭

Litecoin is the "Silver to Bitcoins Gold" or so they market it as such.

^
    This is what I already had written in the reply box,. I've got a number of threads that I just don't commit my thoughts too, even after writing!

Anyway I might just have to pick up some ole light coins this Friday, according to this thread they are 10 for the price of one at present time!!

It's all about what the people want...

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

lite beer goes down faster

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

if im long litecoin should i short darkcoin?

There was a breakfast place I knew that had all you can eat for 4.99 on friday mornings from 9 to 10. Try as I might 2$ worth was all I could stand

@LukeMarshall said:
    Litecoin is the "Silver to Bitcoins Gold" or so they market it as such.

^
    This is what I already had written in the reply box,. I've got a number of threads that I just don't commit my thoughts too, even after writing!

Anyway I might just have to pick up some ole light coins this Friday, according to this thread they are 10 for the price of one at present time!!

there should be a Short coin you aren't allowed to short, and a Longcoin you can't short. Omg no they would actually be ETF's like what is it nugt or dust ?

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,123 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not think you can short and e-currencies

you can sell futures contracts on bitcoin. that is effectively a short on bitcoin.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

The only thing that counts is how much its cashed it in for at the end, not what the price is at any one moment. With electronic coin, the speculation is seeing how many people get in and raise up the value before the rug is pulled out from under their legs in order to sell at a profit. Chances being high, the rugs coming out from under you as well.

COA

and the whole purpose was to use them for transactions

I only ever hear about flipping them.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 11:35AM

and the whole purpose was to use them for transactions
    I only ever hear about flipping them.

Interestingly, that's about what I think as well.

Things may change in the future, and it's true that Apmex will take bitcoin - so it's worth paying attention.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

How about Ritecoin? its the right coin for you!!!! practically sells itself . Then there is Leftcoin , for those with more sinister purposes in mind B)

while we're on coins

GoldCoin - self explanatory

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

If nottoobrightcoin comes onto the market I am all in, cashing out the metals, 401k loan, and boom!