Home U.S. Coin Forum

I have a case a Mad Buff Disease. Is there a cure asides from buying More?

ElemintElemint Posts: 479 ✭✭✭✭
edited January 16, 2019 4:05AM in U.S. Coin Forum

BTW, Buff burgers are pricier than filet mignon. Well, i don't eat the slabs, Lol! Sumove me recent purchases. Of course I like hot looking Morgans, Peace dolls and any good looking coins and notes.

Comments

• ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ate roo burger down under once. :D:s:#
    Aren't you just got home from FUN? Didn't you buy enough to satisfy your yearning?

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is one sharp buff. Enjoying the detail. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins!
    The 'cure' would be trying to find similar looking coins from the teens and twenties, especially with mint marks.

In the meantime, if you suffer from withdrawals, you can broaden your scope by picking up some Type 1's - those can also be found well struck and with some beautiful toning, without breaking the bank.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 6:27AM

Now you should go after a 1938d pcgs ms67, pcgs ms67+ and pcgs ms68. And someday, mark my work, we will see pcgs slab an ms68+ and then an ms69. Imagine the food fight to own that one ms69 coin from the registry set nuts!! Oh, and buy the way there is no cure!!

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SkyMan said:
    Well, personally I think the cure is worse than the disease, but you could get married. That'll take care of that Buff disease REAL fast.

Yeah! I just read this quick to my wife, laughing she said yeah that and have a couple of kids!

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's no cure. It's terminal !

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The cure is simple. Take some of your coins to a dealer and offer them for sale. Unless your coins are top end of the market material the amount offered will cause you to slow down or stop buying in short order.

All glory is fleeting.
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,155 ✭✭✭✭✭

While there is no known cure, one can consider themselves lucky it wasn't an SBA disease. :s
    Enjoy your disease.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's not really a cure, you'll always be on the hunt for nicer ones.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3 roo burger is Kangaroo's @Elemint ..... I didn't get your joke :s:#:D
    Here is my tanned little one

• BuffaloIronTailBuffaloIronTail Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Paradisefound said:
    <3 roo burger is Kangaroo's @Elemint ..... I didn't get your joke :s:#:D
    Here is my tanned little one

Yea PF. It got tanned from laying on the Maui beach. And DON'T tell me I'm wrong!

Pete

"I tell them there's no problems.....only solutions" - John Lennon
  • crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,776 ✭✭✭✭✭

No cure. Just keep buying them :)

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 16, 2019 1:09PM

Or make your own.....build a nice AU/BU set in an older album, wait 10+ years, and maybe a couple will tone up nice for you:

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug

I just returned from the fun show but under the weather a bit.
    Glad to be home safely.

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some really nice Buffs here...and the only cure, is more Buffs.... Cheers, RickO

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm a victim of the same affliction.

I also would go for the nicest Var 1 1913 I could find. There's lots of them out there to choose from. Depending on the budget you could try for a PDS Var 1 set or even a proof.

That's a beauty, Joe! Just fabulous!!

• bobsrbobsr Posts: 392 ✭✭✭✭

Joe
    I would use your cure of just keep buying them, but you have all the good ones.
    Bob Sr CEO Fieldtechs

• COINS MAKE CENTSCOINS MAKE CENTS Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe the only cure is to buy more and more and more. And when the safe gets full well shoot buy another safe

New inventory added daily at Coins Make Cents
    HAPPY COLLECTING

• KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

• dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

I think you need more cowbell!

• OmegaraptorOmegaraptor Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2019 12:52AM

Buffaloes are real fun. Especially the ones in the teens and twenties with mintmarks. Once you get into buffalo nickel varieties, you can’t get out.

Did you know that 3 1/2 legged buffaloes exist on five different dates besides 36-D?

"You can't get just one gun." "You can't get just one tattoo." "You can't get just one 1796 Draped Bust Large Cent."

• ttownttown Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭

I understand!!! Recommend doc Campbell🤔

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDfhjWgRC5g

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since this has somehow partially evolved into a 3 and 3 1/2 legged subject I'll post a pic of all the known ones here. Some collectors don't include the 1916-D or the 1938-D but I like 'em even tho there's a little less attenuation for these two dates. They are, in order, 1913 Var 1; 1916-D; 1917-D; 1926-D; 1927-D; 1936-D; 1937-D; and 1938-D.

I have one more, a 1916, that was caused by a filled die as shown below.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file