Home U.S. Coin Forum

Would you make your True-Views public on coin facts?

ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 13, 2019 9:28PM in U.S. Coin Forum

If this is what it comes down to, so that we can get a nice library of images.

Would you make your True-Views public on coin facts?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,867 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

I have no problem whatsoever with my TrueView images being open to the public.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • lavalava Posts: 3,286 ✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

Why not?

I brake for ear bars.
  • ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 13, 2019 9:22PM
    Yes & I'm a Collector

@oih82w8 said:
    I have no problem whatsoever with my TrueView images being open to the public.

Not only do I have no problem with it, it was my primary motivation for crossing and slabbing. I'll take a wait and see approach to see what happens. Many others use Instagram so that may be a not-as-organized alternative.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

For that matter I have no problem with my own photos being public. When I sell coins I usually forward them to the buyer.

• MonsterCoinzMonsterCoinz Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

It seems odd that you don't have legal rights over the image but you can decide who can or cannot view it. They would have to create an entirely new system to do this, so I think it is an unlikely option.

www.MonsterCoinz.com | My Toned Showcase

Check out my iPhone app SlabReader!
  • ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

@mach1ne said:
    They would have to create an entirely new system to do this, so I think it is an unlikely option.

I opted to make my registry set public.
    Anyone can look at my coins now & know who they belong to.

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

...anything less is just a cloud for coin doctors ;)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

Certainly.... Makes a great resource for collectors and casual viewing pleasure. Cheers, RickO

• TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. Not because I'm a dealer or a collector, but because I like to share.

• ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,450 ✭✭✭✭✭

We have clients who do not want their images posted. Private collectors who don't have registry sets.

• Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • drddmdrddm Posts: 5,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

Why can’t there be a box or something on the submission form to check off when the coin(s) are being submitted to indicate whether you would like your coin(s) to publicly viewed IF you are requesting images of your coin(s)?

This would seem like the easiest solution to deal with the “privacy” issue of having images publicly displayed for those who don’t want them.

Dave

• RYKRYK Posts: 35,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

Who really is going to publicly vote here: "No, I'm a dealer." ?

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 8:30AM
    Yes & I'm a Collector

@RYK said:
    Who really is going to publicly vote here: "No, I'm a dealer." ?

Let’s see. I know Stewart is a no as he’s indicated such on the forums before. And I know Laura is a no as well.

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

I certainly would... It's not like my name is on the true-view...

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 2:05PM
    Yes & I'm a Collector

What is the point of getting them if you're not going to share and discuss them? Cert verifications will show them anyway.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 2:06PM
    Yes & I'm a Collector

I can't help but think all this hoopla is over 5 or less complainers.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 14, 2019 2:15PM
    Yes & I'm a Dealer

I answered "Yes and I'm a dealer" I simply don't believe you have an obligation to show me yours.
    As a dealer servicing a client-collector's specific needs, I might, in a few cases, advise concealment.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

Why would this be a problem? If you have a registry set you obviously don’t mind displaying your sets and your coins.

If you don’t have a set and your coin photo shows up in Coin Facts how would that photo be traced back to an individual?

GrandAm :)
  • CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't understand. I had quite a few proof cameo True Views posted on Coin Facts.
    I did not give permission as PCGS owns the photos even though I paid for them. Maybe this is the crux of the issue.

BTW - I am absolutely OK with people seeing my True Views - many are in the album that is in my signature line below.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

A few of my coins are TVed, not by me but someone who owned them before. I am happy to post them publicly.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes & I'm a Collector

You should have added the option yes I'm a collector and a dealer...that is what I would have voted!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file