Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Submitting a jumbo card ?

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a jumbo card, dimensions are 5-7/8" by 9". Customer Support at PSA tells me I can submit the card as a jumbo under their new procedure. However, when attempting to fill out the submission form, I only find an entry for "supersized cards", which indicates 3-1/2 by 5-1/8 and 4-1/4 by 10. I can find no entry for a jumbo card submission, although on the example form, it shows the size is acceptable (and as mentioned, CS at PSA says its ok to submit). They have also verified the card under the catalog they use.

So, I can't get past step one in the process. I know it's gonna cost $35 to grade, plus the shipping, but I'm stuck. Any thoughts?

Tks for all responses.
Al

Comments

• 1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think you’d probably have to have customer service book it for you or print out a blank submission form and write in where necessary....

I know a few guys who have already done some jumbos - hopefully they’ll have more specifics.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 8, 2019 7:31PM

$35? More like $20 (yes, you'd have to add shipping/etc. ...), if you remember that jumbo holders are on First Quarter 2019 special with no minimum quantity:

Jumbo Holder Encapsulation Special- No Minimum Quantity Required

Jumbo holder fee will be reduced to $20 (original $30)
    For any item that fits into the Jumbo Holder (ex: Original Photos, Autographed Photos/Documents and Oversized Cards). 
    Items must have a Declared Value under $500
    All sports and non-sports
    Jumbo Holder accomodates 6.25" x 8.25" up to 8.5" x 11"
    Grading and Shipping & Handling fees are separate.  Item must be submitted under correct Service Level and on appropriate Submission form for desired Service.
    For Collectors Club members only
    Turnaround time will vary by service, see submission form for details.  Turnaround does not include shipping or order entry time.  Turnaround does not begin until the order is entered into the grading system.
    Click here for Full Details!

@miwlvrn said:
    $35? More like $20 (yes, you'd have to add shipping/etc. ...), if you remember that jumbo holders are on First Quarter 2019 special with no minimum quantity:

For any item that fits into the Jumbo Holder (ex: Original Photos, Autographed Photos/Documents and Oversized Cards). 
    Grading and Shipping & Handling fees are separate.  Item must be submitted under correct Service Level and on appropriate Submission form for desired Service.
    Turnaround time will vary by service, see submission form for details.  Turnaround does not include shipping or order entry time.  Turnaround does not begin until the order is entered into the grading system.

Great info but what about procedurally?

I too was going to submit something for ‘Jumbo’ before the quarterly promotions are up but there’s no way to pick the size (Jumbo) or price (35 or 20) on the submission form.

Anyone?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• bswhitenbswhiten Posts: 212 ✭✭✭

The price is normally $30 for ADD on Jumbo slab. The grading fee is in addition to this cost. So the CC special makes the total cost (slab + grading) equal $40 per Jumbo item. I emailed and asked before my last Jumbo submission. Good luck!

Good Morning,

The fee to submit a card for the jumbo holder would be $30 + the regular grading fee + the return shipping fee. This item has to be on its own form separate from other collectibles that are smaller.

You can print the card submission form with the following link: https://www.psacard.com/content/pdf/PSA-Card-Submission-Form-2018.pdf.

Thank you,

Nicholas Mendoza
    PSA-PSA/DNA Customer Service

Thanks, Ben.

@bswhiten said:
    The price is normally $30 for ADD on Jumbo slab. The grading fee is in addition to this cost. So the CC special makes the total cost (slab + grading) equal $40 per Jumbo item. I emailed and asked before my last Jumbo submission. Good luck!

Good Morning,

The fee to submit a card for the jumbo holder would be $30 + the regular grading fee + the return shipping fee. This item has to be on its own form separate from other collectibles that are smaller.

You can print the card submission form with the following link: https://www.psacard.com/content/pdf/PSA-Card-Submission-Form-2018.pdf.

Thank you,

Nicholas Mendoza
    PSA-PSA/DNA Customer Service

Oh, thank you for the info. I did not realize at all that it was an add-on to the regular grading fee! That makes me reconsider what I'd sub for jumbo holder.

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭✭✭

I too many reconsider sending in my jumbo, even though it would be a 1 of 1 and looks like a solid 9 NQ.

I don't mind the grading fee, nor the return shipping. However, I do think getting hit for $30 just for the holder is a bit of overkill and gouging. Surely PSA isn't paying more than a few $$ for the slab. So, in my case it would be $79 to have my jumbo graded and returned.

After a bit more research. PSA has what is called a 3rd quarter special going that includes jumbo submissions. So, you save $10 via the special. It's $35 to grade the card, $20 for the slab and $14 to ship back...total = $69.00 However, you must be a Collector's Club member (I am not currently a member)...otherwise you pay the $30 for the slab, bumping the cost to $79.

Oh, the special is good from 1/1/19, to 3/31/19, must be post marked NLT the last date.

The link provided by Mendoza above is perhaps the easiest way to get through this. I'll more than likely send my card in, as it is a 1 of 1 and will add to my master set.

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I'll more than likely send my card in, as it is a 1 of 1 and will add to my master set.

Umm, PSA Registry rules require a print run of at least 4 in order to be included in a master set, so 1/1 items do not qualify.

@miwlvrn said:

@MCMLVTopps said:
    I'll more than likely send my card in, as it is a 1 of 1 and will add to my master set.

Umm, PSA Registry rules require a print run of at least 4 in order to be included in a master set, so 1/1 items do not qualify.

If I counted correctly, my master set has eleven 1 of 1 cards in the set. I see no reason why my jumbo wouldn't be added as an update to the composition and reflect as a 1 of 1 also.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/luis-tiant-master-set/alltimeset/60813

@MCMLVTopps said:

@miwlvrn said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

If I counted correctly, my master set has eleven 1 of 1 cards in the set. I see no reason why my jumbo wouldn't be added as an update to the composition and reflect as a 1 of 1 also.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/player-sets/luis-tiant-master-set/alltimeset/60813

OK, gotcha. I didn't realize that what you meant by that was it would be a Pop 1 (only one graded even if others of it exist), as opposed to an item that was serial numbered as 1/1 (such that only one of it was printed).

As you wrote, I guess if I had added "POP", it would have been more clear.

I think paying $30 for the slab isn't any real big deal, and perhaps the cost of manufacturing the slab vs how many PSA would receive to grade does impact their cost basis. Well, I've got the thing sitting here, and what else would I do with it other than to go through the drill and have it added?

BTW, it's a 1976 Star Market (a local Boston grocery chain) of Tiant. Corners look good, overall the card presents well, I'll hope for a PSA 9...tme will tell.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@miwlvrn said:

Its $20 just to encapsulate not to grade. The special offers no grading and i am sure he wants grading.

• lawyer05lawyer05 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    After a bit more research. PSA has what is called a 3rd quarter special going that includes jumbo submissions. So, you save $10 via the special. It's $35 to grade the card, $20 for the slab and $14 to ship back...total = $69.00 However, you must be a Collector's Club member (I am not currently a member)...otherwise you pay the $30 for the slab, bumping the cost to $79.

Oh, the special is good from 1/1/19, to 3/31/19, must be post marked NLT the last date.

The link provided by Mendoza above is perhaps the easiest way to get through this. I'll more than likely send my card in, as it is a 1 of 1 and will add to my master se> @MCMLVTopps said:
    I too many reconsider sending in my jumbo, even though it would be a 1 of 1 and looks like a solid 9 NQ.

I don't mind the grading fee, nor the return shipping. However, I do think getting hit for $30 just for the holder is a bit of overkill and gouging. Surely PSA isn't paying more than a few $$ for the slab. So, in my case it would be $79 to have my jumbo graded and returned.

im sure there are cheaper ways to do it.

@lawyer05 said:

@MCMLVTopps said:

The link provided by Mendoza above is perhaps the easiest way to get through this. I'll more than likely send my card in, as it is a 1 of 1 and will add to my master se> @MCMLVTopps said:

im sure there are cheaper ways to do it.

How would that be?