Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Graded card received in an EBAY bubble wrap envelope. Cracked all on bottom. What to do?

MonicaDanMonicaDan Posts: 41

Normally I know what to do. Recent posts have me wondering. Flat out....seller did not protect the card. I got a decent deal also; so a little upset. Don't want to go through this whole get PSA/SGC to write of the damage on company letterhead etc. I could possibly break it out; but then it's raw and could be unsafe. This is not as cut and dry anymore from what I've read. EBAY/PAYPAL does ask the buyer for all crazy sorts of stuff proving damage and value.

Comments

• Options

$260 card

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

Submit a NOT AS DESCRIBED claim with eBay and get your money back. DO NOT submit a DAMAGED claim. If you do that eBay will leave it up to the seller to file a damaged claim with the post office. The post office will probably deny the claim because of poor packaging. Then you will have to fight to get a refund.

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Same happened to me twice. Both times I let the seller know a card had arrived with a cracked case. Both sellers refunded me $10 for each cracked card with no hassle.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

@dennis07 said:
    Same happened to me twice. Both times I let the seller know a card had arrived with a cracked case. Both sellers refunded me $10 for each cracked card with no hassle.

What would $10 do? It's probably $30 minimum to reholder with shipping back and forth??

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

$10 pays for the reholder when you toss it in with your inevitable next batch of them.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭
    edited January 7, 2019 6:34PM

I would reach out to seller, explain item is not as described in message because of cracked case; ask for a re-holdering fee of say $15-20.00. {Any more sounds greedy to me, personally, especially if you got a good deal}. If seller is honorable, he should make it right, if seller is a dic*; I would return and get a full refund.

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.