Home Precious Metals

Problem sending "Signature Required" Express Mail

CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received this email from the PNG:

Members,
One of your fellow PNG members has reported a glitch when shipping via U.S. Postal Service Express Mail. When checking the "signature required" box, the software is apparently actually waiving the signature requirement. Please be aware of this potential issue.

Tina Bellanca
Executive Assistant

28441 Rancho California Rd.
Suite 106
Temecula, CA 92590
P: 951-587-8300 F: 951-587-8301
www.PNGdealers.org

Professional Numismatists Guild

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is this limited to auto generated labels only are does it also affect over the counter shipping at a USPS facility?

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,499 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have no idea. Just passing it along verbatim.

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Believable? Nah, don't think the USPS will deliver a registered package WITHOUT a signature. Ignore.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:
    Is this limited to auto generated labels only are does it also affect over the counter shipping at a USPS facility?

for over the counter, the credit card screen will show "signature waived" or "signature required." initially, the screen will show "signature waived" because that is the default.

the receipt will also show "signature waived" or "signature required"

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 5, 2019 8:27AM

@AUandAG said:
    Believable? Nah, don't think the USPS will deliver a registered package WITHOUT a signature. Ignore.

bob :)

I was under the impression that this thread is about express mail and not "snail mail"..oops I meant to say registered mail.

Edited to clarify...we are talking about express mail & not registered mail. Registered mail does require a signature.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

:o

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com