Home Metal Detecting

Opinions please - metal detector

ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone ever use or have knowledge of the Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 metal detectors? I've never used one before and this seems to be a decent low to mid range starter.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not used the Bounty Hunter products.... That being said, I have known a few people who have them and are very happy. I have always been a White's detector proponent... for the the quality, reliability and customer service they provide. Cheers, RickO

• ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Rick

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

Garrett At pro is a great all around detector. It's waterproof to 10 meters. I detect in the rain on occasion. Finds all metals, lots of discrimination, 3 tones. You can pay more but why? Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Bounty Hunter has been around for many years. Must be good or you'd never hear of it. The 3300 seems like a good machine for just about anything. Nice display with a lot of information on it. There is a utube video on it and it is a must watch.
    If it's not too heavy I might like it for relic and town hunting. Don't need all that fancy stuff (display) for nuggets where I live.
    bob :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY2GaDSzh1M

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • CCDAMEEKCCDAMEEK Posts: 117 ✭✭✭
    edited January 3, 2019 12:52PM

Just FYI, there is no need to go out and purchase everything brand new. There are a lot of hardly used detectors always available on the 'bay, the 'list, the 'book marketplace' and local classifieds. Also, avid detectorists are always upgrading, and some sell off there old units.
    You can probably get a really good Garrett, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, etc., used, for about the same as a new BH.

Good luck, and enjoy! Have plenty of patience, there is a learning curve....

Oh how I LOVE this hobby!

Freedom isn't free, we must protect it. Many Thanks to all those in the U.S. Military and Law Enforcement, past and present, for taking lead in that fight.

Current equipment: Whites DFX 300; Tesoro Tiger Shark; Minelab CTX 3030.
    Pin-ponters: Garrett Propointer AT; Minelab Pro Find 35