Home Precious Metals
Options

Why is the dollar up so much tonight?

Up 1.47 last check? Whats going on tonight?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see it, except for the dollar index on Sinclair's website, which is linked to somewhere at Kitco. But I don't see a rise in the dollar index when I check Marketwatch or Bloomberg. The chart on jsmineset does show the same spike upwards that happened at about the same time as the $190 downward spike in the Kitco gold chart.

This, along with the stock market volatility simply tells me that things are less predictable and more manipulated than usual.

And weird.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold silver and Plat up, so maybe fake news.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ups and downs.... these movements do not bother me... it is trends that get me curious... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,200 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Dollar index over 2018
    Low - 88.253
    High - 97.711

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't worry until it reaches DEFCON 4.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

Overinflated pig. Get real assets people. Diversify, I beg you.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.